Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 358 ~ "Pride"

What I Learned About Me... from A to Z
What have I learned about myself this past year {blogging}..?  hmmmm... First off... I would like to make sure you know up front... I never had blogged before until I started this blog 349 days ago.  Secondly... I never intended on learning anything.  HAHA! LOL!  No but seriously... It wasn't my intention...   Check out what my intention(s) were/are here.
So here goes... What I Learned About Me... from A to Z

"P" is for...  Pride.  ... You know... I thought about it long and hard... and I am going to call it as it is.  Not going to try to pick some fancy-nancy word or whatever... so I chose... pride.

Oh... we all have a little in us.  Don't try to deny it either.  ;)  wink, wink.  {and} I'll be honest with you.. I know I've been full of it at one time or another in my life.  

Pride is not pretty either.. it can definitely cloud your judgement.

I don't know about you ... but with me, it's like I'm all hesitant about what seems to be "giving-in" to what obviously is a disagreement of some sort or admitting I was wrong [which ain't going to happen... lol ... see that's pride talking!].. yet... what reels me in {slowly but surely} is that this pride is not healthy - it's no good!

Then there's the pride one feels for an accomplishment or for one's family... {and} when it comes to my family... well then pride is the number one feeling to have.  I am very proud... I have tremendous pride for my family.

I know that I can be proud of my family and all... but when it comes to having or displaying the bad pride... well ... I have learned that I have to take a step back, look at the situation from the outside in and try to handle it from a different perspective...

I learned that there's no room for pride  in this lifetime... I have a limited time on this earth and can not afford to waste time by associating with pride and allowing it to cloud my mind or my heart.


I am so proud to have the family I have today.

Tomorrow...  What I Learned About Me... from A to Z ... the letter(s) "Q" & "R" 

[here's to you finding your... ]
Peace...


7 days to go... {speechless...}
read about this count down in my "About my Blog" page

... for a, l & c.  you are my sunshine(s).


Images are courtesy of either google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barilá Karam and of this blog- Taking Back My Life ~ Making it My Own.  US Copyright law apply  ©

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Carla!! I feel the same way about my family!

ReviewsSheRote said...

definitly clouds the jusdgement!!
You are brave to dig so deep for these lessons!

BTW that is the (this is going to sounds weird) prettiest "P" I just might have to use it somewhere =}

Karen Dawkins said...

A mother's pride is a wonderful thing, but overall, you're right. Pride comes before a fall. Jesus walked in humility. We should too! Great lesson to learn!

Blessings to you as you finish strong!

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

Well pride can be a good thing because it's a form of self-preservation to remind you that you are a person that needs to be respected. :) But too much of it isn't good at all.