Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 352 ~ "God" "Heal"

What I Learned About Me... from A to Z
What have I learned about myself this past year {blogging}..?  hmmmm... First off... I would like to make sure you know up front... I never had blogged before until I started this blog 349 days ago.  Secondly... I never intended on learning anything.  HAHA! LOL!  No but seriously... It wasn't my intention...   Check out what my intention(s) were/are here.
So here goes... What I Learned About Me... from A to Z

"G" is for...  God.   
This last year has been one lasting experience for me.  Through blogging I have learned so much... about myself... and about life.  

With that said... I have also learned that I need to lean on my Lord a bit more.  With the {continued} growth of my faith in God, I have realized that God has in deed seen me through some tough times.

I also have realized that if I would have leaned on Him a bit more {than what I did} that things may have not been as tough.

How do I know this?  Because in the last year I have learned to let go {quite} a bit and let Him take over... and ... He has.

He has because I feel that much closer to Him.-


"H" is for...  Heal{ing}.  
I don't know what I thought I would get out of this year of blogging... actually I never once looked for self gratification.  

Remember this is meant for my children, to let them into "my world"... to know who I am and what is in my heart.  Secondly, for family and friends... and most importantly, in hopes that I could somehow help another woman than may find herself in similar situations as I did.

Therefore the fact that I post before you that I so feel that I have let go of a lot of issues... I have forgiven... I have stood up stronger... and have come out of this lighter.

I feel like a tremendous amount of weight has been lifted off of my shoulders... seriously.  

Now... I still have a tough day here and there... but instead of completely feeling a sense of defeat... I now feel like I stumbled and I need to get up and brush my knees off.

I know it sounds simple... and I am not pretending that it to be so... Quite frankly it is a lot of work.  But well worth it.

Plus I have a five year old li'l girl who depends on me to provide her with my best.  {and} I am here to do my best to provide her with the proper tools to help her survive this crazy world. 

30 The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, 31 and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place." 32 In spite of this, you did not trust in the LORD your God, 33 who went ahead of you on your journey, in fire by night and in a cloud by day, to search out places for you to camp and to show you the way you should go.
~Deuteronomy 1:30-33 
Tomorrow...  What I Learned About Me... from A to Z ... the letter(s) "I".

(here's to you finding your...)
 Peace,  

13 days to go...  {really?!}  
read about this count down in my "About my Blog" page

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  © 2012 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 2 favorite words God and Heal! without God healing cant take place. You know I love coming to your blog and reading these wonderful posts that you write. Thanks so much for sharing.

Dominique Goh said...

GOD is certainly and important part in our life. Without him we won't be experiencing PEACE in our lives.

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

It's nice to hear that blogging has had such a great impact on your life.. I suppose it's no accident that God led you to it.

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

Great thoughtful post. It's hard to always do things on your own - that's why we need to remember to turn to God.
Leigh
www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

Melissa said...

It was so great to read your post! God is truly an awesome God and He will help you as you let Him!

claire said...

It is amazing to me how freeing it can be to forgive others. Oftentimes it does not change them, but it changes you. It is great that you found healing through blogging.