Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 348 ~ Learned "Acceptance" from "Blogging"

I had to get all mouthy and challenge myself again.. now, didn't I?!  LOL!!  

Last night I got all clever and gave myself one last challenge for these last 18 days...  


What I Learned About Me... from A to Z
What have I learned about myself this past year {blogging}..?  hmmmm... First off... I never had blogged before until I started this blog 348 days ago.  Secondly... I never intended on learning anything.  HAHA! LOL!  No but seriously... It wasn't my intention.  Check out what my intention(s) were and are here.

So here goes... What I Learned About Me... from A to Z

"A" is for...

Acceptance!  Yes!  I have learned to accept my life for what it is.  Everything that has happened to me... everything I experienced.  Planned or not.

Wouldn't it have been nice if I would have had "the" perfect childhood?  (sarcasm...lol!  no, really, I was trying to be funny.. or joke about it.. anyways...)  Or the perfect {first} marriage? etc.. etc...

Good... bad... or ugly... my fault or not...

It doesn't matter.  It's all in the past.  {you nor I... we...} Can't do anything about it.  It is what it is.  

Exactly.

Besides... I wouldn't be who I am if it hadn't been for....

{and} That my dear(s) is acceptance.


"B" is for...

Blogging.  Of course.  After all, in the last 347 days blogging has changed my life.  

As I stated at the beginning of this post... not only did I not plan on learning anything from this experience ... or rather... it never came to thought... 

I also did not think... nor did it ever come to mind... or did I dream that I would have grown so much from blogging.    Quite honestly, reliving some experiences left me drained... but they're behind me now... filled them in a balloon and let them go! (click on the link to the left of this to read the back story)

Blogging has reminded me how much I love writing, journaling... just putting thoughts down on paper or in blogging's case, I typed my words and watched them come to life in my daily posts.

{and} Just so you know... in my heart blogging will forever live.

Tomorrow...  What I Learned About Me... from A to Z ... and the letter "C".

Blogging is an art, same as any other method of self-expression.  Some are better at it than others.  
~Hugh MacLeod

(here's to you finding your...)
 Peace,  

17 days to go...  {humbled.}  
read about this count down in my "About my Blog" page

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  © 2012 

5 comments:

Czjai said...

I love it when you do these ABC challenges! I learn more about you and I learn a lot from you. :)

Hugs! :)

Mrs. Settles said...

I think it is is wonderful that you have been able to go this long, blogging nearly every day. I WANT to, but get sidetracked so often.

And yep, I agree. It is best to just accept your past as it is and learn from it.

Blessings,
Marcia

Kaylees Education Studio said...

I also have learned a lot in my short time blogging. The biggest benefit has been C - Creativity, blogging has definitely given me an outlet to share and develop my talents.

Jenn said...

Those are great discoveries. Life is all about the journey and not the destination, and it sounds like you've had a very eye-opening one! Can't wait to read tomorrows :-)

Nexlegacy Performance Institute said...

it's so funny how we start out not really expecting to learn anything from blogging but learn so much!