Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 359 ~ "Qi" & "Respect"


What I Learned About Me... from A to Z
What have I learned about myself this past year {blogging}..?  hmmmm... First off... I would like to make sure you know up front... I never had blogged before until I started this blog 349 days ago.  Secondly... I never intended on learning anything.  HAHA! LOL!  No but seriously... It wasn't my intention...   Check out what my intention(s) were/are here.
So here goes... What I Learned About Me... from A to Z

Ying Yang Bagua
"Q" is for...  Qi.  pronounced chee...  I {like I'm sure many of you ..wink, wink} have used Qi many times in Words with Friends ... 

If you do not know what WWF is... it's an addictive app on I-Phone or Facebook... it similar to scrabble and you play against friends.  There may be other methods of playing this game that I don't know of. 

I didn't know what Qi meant until I looked it up.. nor did I know that Qi and {chee} were one in the same.  hahaha...

Qi noun (che) or (chee);  the circulating life energy that in Chinese philosophy is thought to be inherent in all things; in traditional Chinese medicine the balance of negative and positive forms in the body is believed to be essential for good health.

I have come to learn this past year that my Qi is a- okay!


"R" is for...  Respect.  ... It's like I've said it before.... I thought about it long and hard... and I want to talk about respect. or the lack thereof. 

I've seen children, adults, teens, tweens (what the heck is a tween anyways?)  ...  really?  when and who came up with this? {I looked it up... kids between 8 - 14}   [another day another subject...]

As I was saying... I have seen a lot of lack of respect out there in the world... lack of self-respect included.

Whatever happened to good ol' fashion respect?  One where a youngster gives his or her seat up for an elder?  Be it who it is.

or respect for your neighborhood, let alone your neighbor... or how about respect towards your spouse and your marriage, not to mention your children...  

Of course I know that respect is sometimes expected to be earned... however more times than not I believe that you should at least start out with a blanket respect or rather beginners respect that not only can grow with time, but can also deminish at a drop of a hat with merit or lack thereof.

So why don't we give everything and everyone the benefit of the doubt and treat others as we would like to be treated... and then possibly mutual respect will develop.

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.~Bruce Lee

If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die.
~Maya Angelou

Tomorrow...  What I Learned About Me... from A to Z ... the letter(s) "S" 

[here's to you finding your... ]
Peace...


6 days to go... {speechless...}
read about this count down in my "About my Blog" page

... for a, l & c.  you are my sunshine(s).


Images are courtesy of either google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barilá Karam and of this blog- Taking Back My Life ~ Making it My Own.  US Copyright law apply  ©

7 comments:

KG said...

Respect for these youngsters seem like a thing of the past. The things that they say too...unnerving!

Like yesterday, my 12 year old daughter and I saw a cat as he was attempting to cross the street. He kept running forward and when he heard a car, he ran back and I said "aaww.. poor kitty. he's trying to cross and he's scared." to which she replied, "I hate cats. Cats are evil. I hope that one dies!" Like, really? You didn't just say that! It boiled my skin and I let her have it - like who talks like that? Why are you any better than a cat in the street?

I just don't get these kids. Their mouths are the biggest problems.

Czjai said...

Tweens, lol! :D

Glad to know that your Qi is perfectly fine. That makes two of us!

Happy Sunday, Carla! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words to choose.... Qi is the very life force (life force that many of us are weak in) that keeps us vital and alive. How beautiful that you chose this word to remind us to revitalize!

Ashleigh said...

And here I thought all my friends on WWF were CHEATERS!

Nice post. I have to agree with you with respect. What happened to treat others how you want to be treated? Surely we all want to be treated with respect...no?

claire said...

I like your take on respect. It reminds me of a story. I remember reading an article on how one mother got her children to write their Christmas Thank You Notes - when "elders" called to complain that they hadn't gotten a thank you yet, she said "They are working on them. Funny, they haven't received a thank you from you for the gift they made/got you." Soon, the children were receiving thank you notes, and understood why sending them was a good thing.

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

I used to be addicted to WWF now I just don't have the time. But you are right Qi or Qis were lifesavers :)
Leigh
www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

Sara said...

I could not agree more on the aspect of respect. It seems that more and more kids and well, people in general feel entitled to it without actually earning it first. I'm all about the thought that you get back what you put out there. Great post, keep rocking that Qi! =)