Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 378 ~ I Am Second Challenge Day 1 of 22

I received my first email today with instructions to watch my first video...

The first video was much to my surprise... Brian Welch, lead guitarist for the band Korn.  

Funny, back in the late 90s I couldn't get enough of Korn!  Today, watching Brian's video, his testimony... well I would have never thought that I would be crying to Brian Welch.

There was a verse that Brian's real estate agent shared with him, as well as inviting Brian to his Church... this verse changed Brian's life.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  ~Matthew 11:28 (NIV)
Besides watching Brian's video, I also had to share it with someone who comes to mind... besides sharing the video with a few friends, I would love to share it with you.

I see that I am sharing with you something I did not even expect on sharing, and that is my walk to grow closer with Jesus. 

I have lived most my life for me, my children and family... but never have I lived it for Jesus.

You know how they say if it's not broken, why fix it? OR Insanity... doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...  Well... if I have not been able to do it all right by myself, why not try it with Jesus?

Let me tell you... throughout my life when I have really seeked Christ [in dark moments], prayed to him, he has answered my prayers.  Maybe not when I wanted him to, but he answered them when he knew I would be ready for His answers.  There has to be something said for this. 

We are Second when we put Jesus First. Seconds are bold to lift up Jesus and tell others. Are you ready to become a stronger Second?


I challenge YOU to take the I Am Second [22] Day Challenge... Can you spare maybe fifteen minutes in a day?


I AM SECOND.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  © 2012 U.S Copyright laws apply.   

2 comments:

April said...

I first heard about this movement (and Brian Welch's testimony) at a Newsboys Concert. I was simply amazed...and praised God that He found God. Love it!

MOMMETIME said...

WOW...amazing story!