Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 374 ~ Creativity & Life

I just love it when I complete projects!!  

Whether it's a chore... a DIY project... an art project... and especially a graphic design project!  I love it!! Best yet is the feeling that comes with it.

So... today, I finished working on my new design for my blog... Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life.  {and} I can't wait to reveal the new look to all of you (hopefully Monday)!

Now that my new look is completed [for now anyways- you know us creative people... I'll look at my work tomorrow and I'm sure I will tweek it somehow], I can now finish Calley's room.

Yes... throughout all of this, I have been painting and decorating Calley's room.  My poor baby had to wait over 5-1/2 years to get her room done.  Funny, both my boys' rooms were done before they were born.  Different times, different circumstances.  

In my defense, when Calley was born we were remodeling a house at the time with my brother... then, in August of 2008, two months shy of her second birthday, we relocated to Texas.  {and} Yes... it has taken me nearly all this time not only to get to her room, but to save the money to do so.

One thing that I pat myself on my back for doing is that all this time that I have been waiting to do Calley's room, I knew more or less what colors I was going to use... so... anytime I would see something great for her room on sale {most times even on clearance!} I would buy it.

Oh... and of course Calley has been helping me all along the way, sometimes a little too much or her timing is off... but all and all she has been so excited through all of this.  Especially when the walls were finished being painted.  She calls it her princess room. (No, it is not princess themed, but it sure does look pretty.)  

With all that said... this week's focus will be to finish her room.  Perfect timing too, since she will be in Vacation Bible School every morning this week.  YAY!  Needless to say, this week will be good for the both of us.

You are correct.  After all this time I am still not done.  As I said it's all painted, and the wall hangings that we had are up...  Now all we need are some finishing touches here and there. .. but with all that said, Calley is so grateful and is loving her new room.  She's even keeping it picked up!

Before you were born, I dreamed of you, I imagined you, I prayed for you.  Now that you're here I hope for you, I love you and I thank God for you.  ~unknown author
Tiaras and things and butterfly wings, that's what little girls are made of.  ~unknown author

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  © 2012 U.S Copyright laws apply.  

No comments: