Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 370 ~ Life Happens

I was all set with my topic for tonight... however... life happened today.  Funny how it does that!  You can have all the plans in the world and BAM!!!  You get a curve ball.

Today I found out that an old friend passed away one year ago today.  Wow!  Hit me like a ton of bricks.

It wasn't that we were really close, but back in the day (1993) Dave and I worked together; I met his {then} wife through him and she and I remain friends to this day.  Kimberly is definitely on my Dream Team and is one of my best-ies.  

We, Kimberly and I have had one of those relationships where it doesn't matter how much time may go by between phone calls or visits... we manage to pick up where we left off each and every time as if NO time has gone by.

Today I was reminded that life happens.  We are born, we live our "dash", and we die.  

I was also reminded not to take my loved ones for granted.  

I need to make time to call or write a short note, or email to let the people who matter to me know ... well, and let them know they matter to me!  wink, wink.  A.D.D moment.  LOL!!  

So... for this moment I hold my {wine} glass up in Honor of my friend Dave.  
Dave, I hope you finally found your peace.  God Bless you!

I have fought the good fight.  I have finished the race.  I have kept the faith.  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge will award.  ~ 2 Timothy 4:7-8

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  © 2012

No comments: