Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 382 ~ I Am Second Challenge Day 5 of 22


This is Day 5 of my challenge... {and} my fifth video...

..Josh Hamilton, an outfielder for the Texas Rangers.  
Josh Hamilton: I am Second

What can I say that already has not been said? ...  wait... who am I to say anything about Josh's life anyways?  

To have been given a gift (great athlete), and been able to live out a dream (baseball)... and then to have been at the right place at the wrong time ("...A dump truck ran a red light as we were turning left and plowed into us and over the next four to five years I went down the path of destruction ..." Josh Hamilton quote from I Am Second interiew) resulting in the lose of your parents and baseball... how devastating!

The only devastating loss I have had is that of my sons in my life... .  Granted my sons are alive none the less... and God willing I will be reunited one day...  I don't mean to babble, but when it comes to devastating loss that would have to be it.

As I really look back on my life, I have to admit that after losing my sons, I too was self destructive.  Going out every night {even on work nights}... dating anyone that would date me... drinking most nights... sometimes even coming home soooo late that I barely would get an hour of sleep, my eyes would be burning from no sleep and I suspect that there may have been a couple of times that I may have even smelled like alcohol.  

I hit rock bottom when I lost my house (I was renting) after having loss my job and not being able to pay my rent (to my ex-boss) and other bills.  

Funny,,, I remember "approaching" a local church {before having loss my house,} however I don't really think I ever really surrendered to God back then and eventually veered away..
   
Fast forward to today at Church... I happened to be praying just about this.  I was so in the moment praying for my sons, my family, those in need... I praised my Lord ... and I prayed... and I praised Him some more...  I have never felt so peaceful... I have never felt so sure that He was taking care of everything for me.  I felt as if I truly surrendered to Him for the first time.


He is First... I am Second. 


We are Second when we put Jesus First. Seconds are bold to lift up Jesus and tell others. Are you ready to become a stronger Second?


I challenge YOU to take the I Am Second [22] Day Challenge... Can you spare maybe fifteen minutes in a day?

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. ~James 4:7 (NIV)

I AM SECOND.

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright laws apply.   

5 comments:

Pepper said...

I am still amazed at how you managed to pick yourself up from the doldrums. You are a strong woman... a really strong Second! :)

Oh, I wish I can get there too. I have to really surrender myself to God.

Joy said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing all you've been through! What an inspiration!

Tara said...

Thank you Carla for sharing such a personal part of your life. I "second" Pepper "You are a strong woman...a REALLY strong second!" xoxo

Jennifer H said...

good post!

Unknown said...

Carla, you are so inspiring, and I think you are so amazing to pick yourself up like that!