Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 367 ~ Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life


Funny thing happened to me on the way to bed tonight...  {wink, wink}

So I go to get in ... and thought... wow, I finished my goal... now what?

Well I guess I could sit back ... relax ... watch a movie ... kick back ... glance at my  lap top ... watch my movie {free HBO this weekend... I recorded Bridesmaid earlier} ... glance at my  lap top ... start the movie ... glance at my lap top ... 

Grab my lap top!

I just can't help myself.  wink, wink.  

I open my blog and see a couple of new comments.  Big Smile.  

Then I read last night's post, Day 366 (remember it was leap year) ... which makes it one year ago today that I took on my challenge.

So ... all day today... in the back of my mind I thought... what next?  Then I kept repeating "Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own", over and over again ... and "What's Next?"

After a few more moments I began to say... Took It... Made It... over and over again... as if it was the next step, the next chapter... but then I thought... something was missing... and repeated "What's Next?" a few more times... oh brother this is ridiculous I thought... 

At that instance, it all came together. 

Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own ... was my rebirth and growth.

Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life ... will be my life, creating it and my purpose.

Listen, it may have taken me this long to accept life... it may have taken me nearly fifty years to really realize I am only here for a limited amount of time... surprisingly enough, it also took me all this time to understand that all along life has been up to me...

{and} Even though I was a slow learner... what matters now is that it is my choice to do something about life... to do something good about life.  


So now I welcome you to...
Took It... Making It... Living It...  My Life  
the sequel to Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own
Keep an eye out for new changes. wink, wink.


Keeping my dream alive.


Attitude is a choice.


[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...



... for a, l & c.  you are my sunshine(s).


Images are courtesy of either google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barilá Karam and of this blog- Taking Back My Life ~ Making it My Own.  US Copyright law apply  ©

8 comments:

Karen Dawkins said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! A job well done -- not for the consistent blogging, though that in itself is impressive, but for growing from the inside out. Enjoy your season filled with JOY and HOPE! May it last the rest of your life.

Romans 15:13

Erin said...

I LOVE that, Carla!!! Took it...Made It...Living it! You rock! Can't wait to see what's next!
Blessings,
~Erin

Unknown said...

Isn't newness so exciting? You've accomplished this great goal but God isn't finished. He has more for you-a wonderful future filled with hope and purpose!

Anonymous said...

Alright Carla I like that topic! Cant wait, you are such an inspirational writer!

Paula said...

Love it Carla! I'm always encouraged by your posts... and I think it is awesome that you have accomplished this goal. Excited about seeing how this year goes... :) You are a blessing!

Laura said...

Congratulations on finishing your goal. I wasn't around in the beginning, but I know you worked hard to make it happen.

Stopping by from VoiceBoks!

Unknown said...

well done you did it. You seem to have a great new path in front of you as well. Exciting

Unknown said...

congratulations! that is such a big step and I"m so proud of you! I can't wait to see the new changes!