Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 373 ~ Dino Comes Home Early

So here I am on day two of "design mode".

I have been thinking, and thinking {for a while now} of how I was going to do this... that is, switch my blog from Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own to Took It... Making It... Living It...My Life  -finally... I'm onto something.

TML (Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life) is more or less of a continuation, or a sequel if you will to TBML (Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own), and I decided not to create a "new" blog and keep them together.

How to continue my blog was half of my battle... although thinking of what the new name was going to be was a battle in itself... until I finally struck gold!  wink, wink.

Believe me I have been thinking about what I was going to do for some time now... that's how my website was born... CarlaBarilaKaram.com

Then the other question was... I was only going to do this for 365 days (not even realizing that it was Leap Year when I began), how am I to continue blogging? and what direction should I take it in?

Yes... my countdown within my blog reached "D-Day" ["I did it" day ;) ] or rather "0 Days to go".  However... my posts {titles} were counting up... So ...that in itself did not pose a problem.  I decided that I would just continue counting my days and see where it takes me. 

Back to the here and now... now, I have been in total "design mode" for two days.  {and when I am not in front of my laptop my mind does "designing} 

I do have to say that today was not as difficult to prepare for "design mode", being that Dino surprised us by coming home from work early.  With that said, Calley was going to be taken care of.... BUT, now Dino was home.

I don't know about most of you, but when my husband comes home when he normally is not suppose to be home... well I don't know how else to put this, except to just say it... Dino gets in my way.

Example... I am cleaning up Dino and my bedroom and step out to put something in the kitchen.  I come back to make our bed only to find Dean laying down.  OR... Calley and I want to go to our favorite hobby store, Dino decides to come with us ... well our normal routine is interrupted by his merely hanging back, and not participating.  {This makes me feel like he is wanting to leave, and ends up rushing Calley and I through our normal perusing.}

Side note:  My wonderful husband, absolutely HATES shopping... unless we need to buy something and I NEED his input... well... Let's just say that after being with Dino nearly eleven years, I'd rather go shopping without him.  You could say that he is the President of the I Hate {any kind of} Shopping Club.

Don't get me wrong... we LOVED that our Dino was home for most of the day... however, it did cramp our style routine.  

So what do we do?  We take our Dino out to lunch... an early Father's Day treat.

Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name.  ~William Wordsworth

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  © 2012 U.S Copyright laws apply.  

1 comment:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I know the feeling you are speaking of when it comes to having your man around when you didn't expect to. For one thing I believe we women compartmentalize ourselves and we shift from one mode to the other depending on the person we are with or the task at hand. When they are suddenly around unexpectantly, we feel split.