Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 459 ~ "Walk"ing the "Talk"

Ahhhh... the Sabbath day...

Oh I know that originally in the Bible the Sabbath was on Saturday, the seventh day... however it seems that from what I can read and find in both the Bible and the internet, that after the resurrection of Christ the Sabbath was then celebrated on Sunday.

There are arguments from all religions as to why, as well as when it changed... but for the purposes of what I am writing today and the fact that we all go to Church on Sundays today... the Sabbath is today, Sunday.

Phew.... now as I was saying... ahhhh ... the Sabbath day ...

I learned first hand today that there's more to being a Christian than just going to Church and praying.  Not only must we honor God's word and live by His ten commandments, but we must also be Christ like and act Christ like. 

Which brings me to today.  Today a person who has not been very Christ like towards me showed up at Church today.  Needless to say that I was more or less speechless, taken aback and felt very awkward.

The rest of the day I struggled with the fact that I do not like this person, yet I am in a position that I can not behave at their level and for lack of better words... I have to ... Christian up!

I have discovered within myself that I can help others until the cows come home... yet, I guess you could say that I struggle as far as holding grudges.

All I can say, and I know that most of us know this, but ... Jesus was and is very special.  To love His enemy as He did... to forgive without a blink of an eye... and to have died so that our sins could be forgiven... I'd say He is pretty amazing. 

It is very easy for us to quote the Bible... so easy to talk the talk...  BUT... to walk the talk... well that remains to be seen.

So... I humble myself to Him... and I will continue to want to be more Christ like... even if that means being nice to those who don't deserve it.
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.  ~Exodus 20:8-11
[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Not an easy stance to take by any means! Here's to your inner peace!

Karen Dawkins said...

At our church, we say that hurting people hurt people. As I think about it, that means they need our love most of all.

Unknown said...

Sabbath is a huge deal to me. I truly can't function without the peace that comes from periods of rest and refreshing.

mail4rosey said...

I have always thought of myself as very forgiving, and in fact, I was...until about 8 years ago...and I still struggle to this day w/forgiving those three people, one of whom is a family member and should be very close to me. I pray about it a lot; I wish them no harm; and I pray for them to know and follow God's will in their lives.

But in person...I'd just rather not see, be near, or come in contact with any of them, w/varying degrees of reasons and feelings behind them.

So...I know I haven't really forgiven. And so, I continue to pray, knowing God will show me that light and I will take it. It's so hard to know what to do...how to behave towards a person who has hurt you, so that you are serving God well. Do you avoid? Embrace? Forgive and stay at arms-length? I just do not know. But I'm praying for wisdom and clarity, and I will pray for you to have it in your situation too. :)

Always working...always falling short, but still always at peace in his home.

It was nice to find this post this morning. It is an area I have found myself plagued with trying to understand.