Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 462 ~ Giving Back with Food

Wow.. so excited right now!  I'm besides myself!


Tomorrow I take the first of many steps towards my goal of working with food and giving back.

I know I've mentioned to you all about my involvement in my Church..  well... I signed up to hold a themed fellowship meeting at my house each Thursday...

the theme...

FOOD!!

Yes... food!

As if I don't complain about it enough... or rather the after effects it has on my body!!  LOL!!

No.. but seriously...

Starting tomorrow... I am holding a Church fellowship meeting at my home each week where each week we will feature a new "healthy" recipe or a recipe where we will discuss how "WE" can make it healthy.

Soooo...
  
Tomorrow I will be sharing my Chicken Pasta Salad...  Ohhh this is soooo good too!  I'll think about sharing my recipe with you on Friday... wink, wink.

Okay.  I do have to admit to one thing.  About a month ago or so... I had NEVER.. yes never... made a Pasta Salad, let alone a Chicken Pasta Salad.  It wasn't until I invited my friend Kristen to come over and cook (we cook together all the time teaching each other new recipes) that SHE taught me how EASY it was to make a Pasta Salad... let alone how healthy it is.  Big smile.

So ... to be very honest with you... the only thing on my mind tonight is my Food Lovers' get-together tomorrow night and having my house just right...  dusted, swept, floors and windows cleaned and the yard intact!

{and} with that said...

There really isn't anything else that matters today!  wink, wink.
“Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” ~Albert Einstein
“To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ~Mahatma Gandhi 

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! You are blessed to have a friend to cook with. I've been cooking with my kids lately, and that's really fun, too!

Unknown said...

Love chicken salad, and I think this is a great idea! After all, our body is the Lord's temple!

Hope it goes well and good for you sweetie!

Becky McNeer said...

i'm anxious to see the recipe carla!! feel free to adapt any of my recipes for this great group! have fun tomorrow!