Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 460 ~ Eleven Years Ago...

Eleven years ago today, we walked without fear...

Eleven years ago today, we didn't take a second glance at people of other races...

Eleven years ago today, we felt secure as people, families and knew we'd always see each other...

Eleven years ago today, we took our patriotism for granted...

Eleven years ago today, we thought we were invincible...


Eleven years ago today, people said good night to one another for the last time before...

Eleven years ago today...

New York City ~ September 10, 2001 

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

many should remember that life can change in a blink of a moment. you never know what will happen. enjoy everyday you have

mail4rosey said...

It really did change the perception of so many of us, myself included on so many things. It made us more aware of what was going on in other parts of the world, made us scared for our military boys, made us even prouder of them too... and it brought us all together in a way that was hard to penetrate. And that's just the few things that instantly came to mind when reading your post. It was truly a day none of us will ever forget.

Joy said...

Thanks for the reminder! Remember it well!

Claire Jennings said...

My daughter is just 15 months old, and I was thinking if 9/11 will mean little more to her than Pearl Harbor means to me: A moment of the earlier generation which has little real baring on my life today. Yet, I think Pearl Harbor, and World War II, had an impact on this nation, both for better and for worst, that is still with us today. We came together as a nation, yet, at the same time, we lost some trust. After all, how can you trust someone who could drop a nuclear bomb? But despite that, you have to look at what the American people (and military) did and be proud. You know the saying "making it home on a wing and a prayer." My grandfather made it safely back on a wing and a prayer – when his bomber would have a wing blown off, on more than one mission, as I understand it. He knew he might die, but he was doing it to keep his country safe. So I wonder what my Samantha will think of 9/11, and what her children will think as well.

FlawedMommy said...

September 11th indeed change our perspective on how precious and fragile life is. It made us aware that bad things can happen to good people. That the unimaginable can actually happen. It certainly made me rethink my own life, and to appreciate the free country that we live in, and the safety and security the United States provides to it's citizens. Until September 11th, this was something that I took for granted.