Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 461 ~ Eleven Years Ago Today...

Eleven years ago today, Our lives changed forever...

Eleven years ago today...

New York City ~ September 11, 2001


Eleven years ago today, our nation proved that we were 

the United 

States of America...


... One year ago today ...

September 11, 2011

I pledge allegiance

to the Flag of the United States of America,

 and to the Republic for which it stands,

one Nation under God,

indivisible,

with liberty and justice for all.

Francis Bellamy (1855-1931),
amended by President Eisenhower in 1954 
[ in response to the Communist threat of the times,  Congress was encouraged by the President to add the words "under God." ]


[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

4 comments:

ReviewsSheRote said...

I wish the strength and unity we felt for the days following was still that strong today.

mail4rosey said...

It is a powerful pledge, isn't it? :) Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

It definitely changed lives, that is for sure. I definitely remember exactly where I was and who I was talking to when I heard the news- crazy.

Quirky Homemaker said...

I agree with Pamela. . . I wish that the unity we had right after was still with us. But for sure, none of us will ever forget!