Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 478 ~ All It Takes Is Faith

I've been really busy lately with all the preparations for my BIG Reveal (17 days and counting)...  making sure my vision is translated into reality... crossing all "t"'s and dotting all my "i"'s... laying out all my plans... setting up my objectivity... and most importantly... getting my {supporting} team together.

You see I want to do this right.  I want the foundation of my idea to be solid, so that anything we build on it will be very well supported.  

I do not want to make any mistakes and more importantly I do not want anything to go wrong.  I do not want anything to rain on my parade.  But above all... I do not want to fail.

After mentioning to {another one of} my friend{s} that I "didn't want to jinx anything," she too had some enlightening words for me that went hand in hand with what Kristen had said to me just days earlier.
"What gives you uncertainty?"  "Why do you have doubt?" Alysia asked me.
"Every time I have had something good going on for me, something has come up or someone has let me down and ruined it all. ... Plus, I do not want to fail"
"If something was to happen, something came up, could we not just change direction.  Do something differently?  Redirect?" 
As I processed her question and thought about it, I almost felt like an idiot when the answer was obviously so simple...  "Yes, we could."  I finally answered.
"Okay.  So if something comes up, we figure it out and keep going.  We are going to do this.  All you need is a little faith."
She left me at a loss for words. 
After I finished my conversation with Alysia it seemed as if the cloud that had been lingering over my head, following me everywhere {for what seemed to be an eternity} just vanished.  The sun appeared brighter than I have ever seen before!!


"FAITH."



She hit the nail on the head.



Funny how one word... one five letter word can light up your world.



Alysia hit the bull's eye on center!  She could not have been more right even if she tried.  The answer could not have been more simple if I had imagined it myself!  Having been knocked down so many times in my life... well I have to be honest... faith has been hard to come by.

faith noun \ˈfāth\
1a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty
(1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust
: something that is believed especially with strong conviction;especially : a system of religious beliefs
I honestly think know that faith has been "the" missing ingredient in my life for quite some time now.  I don't know if it's my controlling nature (I learned this as a survival technique when I discovered that I had no one to help me with anything) or the diminished trust I have for others.

My problem is that I have to cut the purse strings.  Meaning... I need to trust God.  I need to completely let go and let God.  Surrender.

After all, how can anything go wrong when you have God on your side?  
Surrender to God All-Powerful! You will find peace and prosperity. ~Job 22:21
With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment. 6Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

No comments: