Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 466 ~ It's Not Easy Being A Good Christian...

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Ahh... I feel so much better.  I needed to do that.

You see... I just spent most of my evening with the last person {in this world} that I would want to even spend a millisecond of my life with.

I don't like this person.  I do not like this person's past.  I do not like this person's caddish behavior.  AND I do not like how this person is worming it's way into my life.

Now.  Couple that with the fact that I am on a mission to help others, all the while becoming a better Christian on the way.

Boy!  Am I conflicted.

I know I am being evasive.. and I am being so because I respect the other people in my life that are connected to this person and do not want to air ALL their dirty laundry in my blog.

BUT... COME ON!! CAN"T YOU SEE WHAT THIS PERSON IS ABOUT???  I had to get that one out too.  wink, wink.

With that said I had chosen to stay away from the situation, however the situation is now creeping into my life and I am not liking it.

Sooo... what do I do now?  Do I continue my life with the possibilities of having to share the same airspace with this person, ignoring them all the while?  Do I retreat?  Do I complain?  Do I make other plans?

I think that the Christian-ly thing to do is get to know this person.  However this person's reputation precedes them and it is only a matter of time before history repeats itself.  More importantly this person is not a "particular flavor" I would choose as a friend.

It's like.. you know those people standing across the room are gangsters, thieves or drug addicts not trying to offend anyone here, those people standing there are mean and bad okay? ...  Do you run over there and try to be-friend them?  get to know them?  invite them over to dinner in your home?  You know those people are bad news, do you break bread and hang out with them? 

I was always told that your friends say a lot about who you are.  To surround yourself by quality people.  People who are kind and like minded.  People who will compliment who you are or what you stand for.  Not compliment like "you look pretty today...", compliment like "can help you be a better person."  

So...???  What do I do?  I don't want to come across like... well... just as bad as this person... However, after all the fuss I made last night about not wanting to share my space with this person, I may have already accomplished just that.

It's so easy to say "be normal... give this person enough rope and they'll hang themselves..."  SO much easier said than done.
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”  ~Romans 12:19
[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

There are lots of things in life that are not easy, but eventually we find a path forward.
Hope you find yours soon,
Kristina

Anonymous said...

Carla I know you asked what you do now but I think you already know what you must do. When you have done everything you can and you know (and you DO know) to help or be a good Christian, but you know that person's very existence in your life will be a problem, you gracefully bow out. If they are on fire, then you must do something, but unless that happens, I wouldn't endanger my sanity or serenity to help someone that may not want to be helped.

Ang said...

I've experienced this before, too! I guess it goes along with what Jesus told us to do when He said, "Love your enemies." I know when I see people with "friends" who might be considered low quality or crude, I usually think that they must be great people to have that much love and longsuffering as to befriend someone like that. You're right, it's not easy, but it is what Christ would have us do!

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

That's such a hard predicament. Be careful who you surround yourself with - negativety can drain you. Be strong and positive and see where that gets you - good luck!

coach-daddy said...

I'd suggest a road of tolerance to be taken. One of acceptance and maybe a clean slate. We all could use that at some time in our lives.

If you allow the notions you have of this person to color your every picture of them, you're doomed to fail, and you might miss out on recognizing a side to this person that isn't unlike yourself.

If you fail, at least you've done so with the best intentions. Good luck.

Kenya G. Johnson said...

Oooweee, I see I am late on responding to this one. But I woudn't have been any help. I ignore problems like that until they really have to be confronted. The last time I thought I was going to have to confront who I thought was an ugly person, it turns out that they weren't that way at all. It was a wrong first impression and a circumstance of misunderstanding.

mail4rosey said...

Temptations always jump in the forefront when you're on to something good. I say recognize it for what it is, step over it politely, and move on to what you were doing before this happened. :)