Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 467 ~ I'm Passionate, Not Angry

So... don't laugh now... but I am taking an "anger management" class through my church.  

Don't get the wrong idea now... I mean... granted, I am starting to go through "the change" and my hormones have been running wild, but I am not generally an angry person.  I am passionate!  Sooo... It's a class for "passionate" people!

The class is based off of Gary Chapman's book Anger: Handling a Powerful Emotion in a Healthy Way.  Gary is the same author that also wrote the Five Love Languages. (Love that book!)

In light of what happen yesterday I decided that some homework today may be helpful to my situation...

WOW! I was right...

Here are a few of the verses that kinda made me go hmmmmmm...
For it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." ~1 Peter 1:16
“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.    29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. ~Ephesians 4:26-32
A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense. ~Proverbs 19:11
Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20
Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.   ~Proverbs 29:11
[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


I am second..

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I notice the pre-change is making me a little grouchy too. Not sure if I'm wanting full blown menopause, or if that will be even worse.

Barb Webb said...

Sadly, I can all too well relate to the emotional swings of perimenopause. Love the scripture you posted, the reminder is timely!

Kenya G. Johnson said...

I'm smoothing out frown lines now. Can't you just feel the anger in your forehead. It's over the simplest thing. Three people in this house and we are having three different dinners. Why am I frowning if everyone is happy - Oh because I wish everyone had to eat salad like me! But seriously, thank you for the scriptures. I have to go read what ticked you off yesterday.

Jennifer H said...

I like your description: passionate!

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

Bravo to you. I bet we could all use a good self help class once in a while.
And you even share your experiences - people will thank you for your honesty.
Leigh

Theresa Mahoney said...

I have not gotten to that stage yet, but admire you for stepping up and taking a class that will help you to control your emotions and make you feel better!

CrazyNutsMom said...

I'm moody now. I can just imagine when the change comes.

mail4rosey said...

I hope the class gives you want you want/need. GL!

Rossel said...

Your post is just in time. I am experiencing mood swings lately and having second thoughts of taking the "passionate" class. Your post helped me decide. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Going though the change too. Good for you doing something positive about it. I LOVE the verses you shared. I will have to go pick up that book.