Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 451 ~ Susy Toronto's Message for September



September 1st!  All I can think of is how Christmas is now around the corner.  I'm sick aren't I?  LOL!!  Okay ... I'm really laughing... hard!

No but seriously... I survived the first week of Kindergarten, as did Calley... Halloween decorations are already going up in the stores... a-eesh! see I told you ... Christmas is around the corner!  

Here... listen.  As I said Halloween is around the corner... and I'm serious, in a blink of an eye it will be here... what will seem like maybe a couple of weeks of school, will actually be eight and a half.  First there's Halloween to get things going, then Christmas decorations will start showing up every where, then Thanksgiving whizzes by and before you know it ... a shopping we will go and Christmas will have arrived.  {and} 14 weeks will have gone by!    

{and] there you have it.

So... back to the subject at hand... let's do a recap here...
January's message...This above all:  to thine ownself be true.
February's message... Keep  your eye on the goal, and don't let anything distract you.
March 2012's message... Anyone Who Says She Doesn't Need a Girlfriend Just Hasn't Found a Good One Yet..
April 2012's message... If you want rainbows, you gotta have rain. 
May 2012's message... Never underestimate the power of a "Hissie Fit".
June 2012's message... Wish... Hope... Dream... Then Make It Happen  
July 2012's message... Life's too short to wear Pantyhose!
August 2012's message ... Gathering of the Godesses
Now for this month's message...

September 2012's message:
~ Life Is All About How You Handle Plan B...
Plan A is always my first choice.
You know, the one where everything works out to be "happily ever after."
But more often than not, I find myself dealing with the 
upside-down. inside-out version where nothing goes as it should. 
It's at the point the real test of my character comes in...
Do I sink or do I swim?  Do I wallow in self-pity and play the victim or
simply shift gears and make the best of the situation? 
The choice is mine.  After all... life is all about how you handle the plan B.
~Suzy Toronto 

I must say that it has taken me a very, very long time to realize that it is all my choice.  Yes my choice.  I choose the latter... simply shift gears.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  ~ 1 Peter 5:7

I am second..

[here's to you finding your... ]

Peace...


... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Took It... Making It... Living It... My Life .  © 2012  U.S Copyright Laws apply.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am working on embracing plan B as it were. Or in my case more like Plan E or F at this point. I have in the past focused too much on plans that were just not going to happen anymore. Grieving over them and then just dwelling on their absence from my life. I have since moved beyond that but it can be easy to see where my faults have put me in situations I could have avoided but must now deal with.

There are things in life that remind me of where I am not daily and it can be hard to just focus on today and the here and now. Overall, I am much happier by accepting I am where I am, and being content with that!

Leah

Quirky Homemaker said...

Glad you guys survived the first week of Kindergarten!! We did as well. :) I think the Halloween stuff has been in the stores for a while, here! They bring stuff out so early nowadays! I haven't even begun to think about Christmas, but you're right. . . it will be here before we know it!

Karen Dawkins said...

Carla,
Too fun!!! I can't wait for CHRISTMAS! :)

I've learned to embrace Plan B. Overall, I'm much happier this way.

Blessings.

mail4rosey said...

It does come fast (always), but I'm one of those sick people who start looking for gifts the day after Christmas, so for me, I don't mind how fast it gets here. I love Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love it- because as much as we hate to admit it- life does not usually go as we plan it. I beleive it is because I am still learning... but at least I am having fun!

Cheryl said...

Honestly I may be operating in Plan C or D by now, but you just have to roll with it. I am already planning gifts etc. for Christmas.