Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 208 ~ January's Message


I never thought I would be saying that a calendar was one of my best Christmas gifts... but I am!  For the most part, most of you know what I am about through reading my blog.  Well my mom (mother in law) deals with me up front and personal and on more or less a daily basis.  

This she gave me the 2012 Calendar, Pretending to Be a Normal Person Day After Day Is Exhausting.  "A Calendar That Celebrates the Wonderful Wacky Woman You Truly Are." by Suzy Toronto ©... and... I Love It!! 

I love the uplifting messages it sends...  I love the motivating and inspiring words...  And I love the art work!!

After Reading January's quote, I decided that I must share it with you.  I must share all of it with you!  So, at the beginning of each month I will be sharing Suzy Toronto's thoughts with you.

January 2012's message:
~ This above all: to thine ownself be true.
William Shakespeare wrote, "This above all: to thine ownself be true."  Boy, did he nail it on the head! 
A lot of us go through phases where we think we have to be, act, and look like everyone else in order to fit in.
I tried it, and it didn't work.
Now I realize God doesn't want an orchestra of identical instruments all playing the same tune, so I let go of the status quo and decided to just be me.
Besides, pretending to be normal day after day is exhausting!
~  Suzy Toronto 

So needless to say, I could not agree with Suzy more!  



Blessings to all!!


157 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

Picture credits... images are courtesy of Bing images.

5 comments:

Scribbles said...

I seriously need a good calendar. I think I'm going to try find one with encouraging messages as well. Sometimes we get so caught up in appointments that we don't think of anything else.

Here from voiceBoks :)

http://scribblesaurus.blogspot.com

Erin said...

What a great idea, Carla. The calendar sounds like it will give you some wonderful ideas to make posts from!
Blessings,
~Erin

Unknown said...

Oh girl, right you are - pretending to be normal is exhausting but delighting in the girl God created you to be can be freeing and empowering!

Unknown said...

Thee will always be people you cannot please. So to thine own self be true is so liberating isn't it?

Life by Cynthia said...

I love the message! Thank you for sharing!