Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 221 ~ Open Mouth, Insert Foot!

I feel like the BIGGEST Jack Ass ever!  
THERE I SAID IT!  

(Up until now, I have kept my blog virtually Profanity-free... but in this case, as you will soon read... well, it merits it!)

I didn't mean for tonight's post to be once again [indirectly] about my Silver Sneakers class I took at the "Y" on Thursday... but it is!  To get the full story, read about it here.  Broken down in part one and part two.

On Sundays, after church, as I once mentioned, we (My father in law's family, his siblings and their children, etc) traditionally get together for brunch... at Dean's aunt's home.  It's BYOE!  Everyone brings their own eggs.  Bring breakfast.

Each one of the families take turns cooking up their eggs...  More or less eating together, as we inadvertently take shifts gathering around the big round table (it seats ten to twelve) ... all then  eventually getting together in the living room.

So today I thought I would share.  I was sooo eager, too.  Preparing my cousin for my story, making sure everyone would hear about my experience... I proceeded to tell my story.

I had wondered why they weren't laughing.  My cousin laughed a little at my experience... however, I really did not get the reaction I had expected.  I really did think I'd have them in stitches...  

It wasn't until after I had been home for a few hours that it had dawned on me. 

[Why didn't I think about it sooner?!?  That is the $1,000,000 question]. 

I was replaying the story in my head... "... the class was full of 70 to 75 year olds..."... 
B-I-N-G-O!!

Dean's aunts and uncles are not in their 70s, they still have LOTS of time before they wear Silver Sneakers!  My father in law, however is one week away from turning 70!

OH MY GOODNESS!!  I always manage to talk before I think, especially with him.  I have eaten more of my shoes... so much co that I have a permanent taste of leather in my mouth!!

Okay.  In my defense.  My father in law, Dad, Daddy... DOES NOT LOOK ANYWHERE NEAR 70!!   And the people my Silver Sneakers aerobics class were more like 80 and up!  I do not know what I was thinking!  I guess I was trying to be nice to the Silver Sneakers regarding their age?

Well... Good thing Dad is a wonderful, handsome, really, really, young and good looking, forgiving Christian, and he won't hold it against me too long!

I love you Dad!!

It won't hurt for me to make some of my famous monkey bread he LOVES, either! 
(Thanks Sara for turning me on to the recipe!  I've really made it my own with the addition of some little extra lovin'

~  Pillsbury's Monkey bread  ~ 
Looking back on our family's Sundays... well let's just say that I am very blessed to be a part of this really special family.  Thank you Jesus!!

A single grateful thought toward heaven is the most perfect prayer.  Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.  ~  Exodus 20:12  (NIV)  

Blessings to all!!

144 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshine(s).

Images are courtesy of Bing images.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

1 comment:

Courtney Pies said...

Hello! I'm following you from VoiceBoks! I'm following you through GFC, Google+, Twitter, and Facebook.

I hope you're having a good week!

-Courtney
peaceloverecipes.com