Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 230 ~ Despicable Who?

Yes another movie day here in the Karam household.  Let me make something perfectly clear... under "healthy" conditions, we do not make it a habit of watching movies on a daily basis.  However, in the last couple of day Calley and I have a had a "bug" of some sorts.  Perhaps a really bad cold... a really, really bad one... that knocked us both on our tushies!


I must admit, that I really do like it when Calley is sick.  Isn't that horrible?!  Let me explain... please...  When Calley is sick, she is very klingy (not too crazy about this- because I can't move half the time,) and her energy level goes down to two or so, out of ten.  That is what I like!! I can actually keep up with her and am not exhausted when it's all said and done.


So, two movie days in a row is fine by me.  I look at Calley, and then look back at all the movie nights Addison, Logan and I had.  We used to have so much fun on movie nights!  So much action, so much gore, so much sillyness.  Now... I am lucky to get them on the phone, and that's if I even get them on the phone.


Not all is lost.  The only difference now is... I get to watch girlie movies with my Calley!  Today's movie...  Universal Picture's Despicable Me.  Loved it!!  Calley was glued to the tv!  Not a word.  Not a sound.  Barely a blink of an eye!  I guess you could say that Calley loved the movie, especially since she asked to see it again.  Back to back!  She is more like her brothers than she realizes it.


Love is... watching movies over & over again with your children, even if it means being bored.
Love is... taking a nap with your little girl when you both feel yucky.
Love is... kissing your child's boo boo when there is nothing there.  


The milestones keep on happening!  11,000 views!!  Woo Hoo!!  That was quick!  Thank you for reading about my antics!


Blessings to all!!

135 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshine(s).

Images are courtesy of Bing images and Universal Pictures.



2 comments:

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

Congratulations! :) And I totally get how cute kids are when they are sick - except when they're vomiting of course. They become quiet little angels that just want mommy.

Unknown said...

I love movie days like that too! You have to capture those moments now together...she'll grow up fast!;)