Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 223 ~ Techie Angels Will Rejoice Again

I have a great deal of respect for web page designers!  My page (kinda) crashed a few hours ago and all I have been doing is scrambling to get my custom title back on my blog.  I have no clue as to why my title disappeared in the first place... and yes, I have already contacted blogger's tech support.  No response yet.  [I miss my personalized graphics

I really want to make my actual blog simple, and focus more on my actual website.  I can put all the bells and whistles on that.  

Oh ... It just dawned on me, today has not been a good day for my IT department (wink, wink).  Probably around three or four this afternoon, my internet all of a sudden went down.  After a brief moment of panic... I knew I had to keep it together... next thing I knew I had been on the phone with AT&T's tech support for about an hour.  

What ended on a positive note, actually started out outright infuriating.  When I first called their tech support, I was placed on AT&T's automated tech support assistance [of HELL]!  Let me tell you... after about two minutes I wanted to reach through the phone and destroy their system!

When I finally was able to talk to a live "being", I was so grateful!!  I learned a long time ago that you catch more bees with honey.  Before I knew it, what actually ended up taking about an hour and a half, Chris, of tech support, had me up and running again and made it seem effortless . 

And the Angels rejoiced!!  AAAAhhhhhhhhh!!!

So... today besides spending about three hours of troubleshooting on my own, I spent an additional forty-five minutes with Dell's tech support... new dvd drive on its way... check... another hour and a half with AT&T... internet running strong... check... 

Tomorrow I will tackle HP (... check...) and hopefully I will get to the bottom of why my printer is not doing what it was hired to do!

btw... I love extended warranties!!

Looking forward to the Techie Angels rejoicing again tomorrow!  

give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  ~  1 Thessalonians 5:18  (NIV)

Blessings to all!!

142 days to go...


PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshine(s).

Images are courtesy of Bing images.

No comments: