Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 219 ~ A Bitter Sweet Good Bye

Funny... for some strange reason my Silver Sneakers aerobic class was topic of conversation all day today.  ["all day today" Is that being redundant?  Elisabeth, is that proper grammar?  (wink, wink)] Yes... I decided to look at my YMCA activity calendar, and the class I happened to attend yesterday was called just that... Silver Sneakers!  Hel-loooo!  No wonder!  

Listen... I have to tell my mom (haven't had a chance to yet.)   At one point, I remember making sure I was not exposing any cleavage, in front or out back!  Heck for all I know... these old men haven't seen this tight of cleavage in decades!  (just kidding! or am I?)  I don't need anyone having a heart attack on my account!  I just can't stop cracking up!  Oh my... I hope I didn't upset any of those ladies... all I wanted was a good workout!

And that is what I got!  Boy!  Am I feeling "it" tonight!  I can barely bend over to pick anything up.  Hahaha [chuckle, chuckle]  That's what I get for showing off!  Funny.  Actually... as the soreness is starting to creep in slowly, it is definitely making its presence be known!  And call me crazy... I am even thinking about taking a Zumba class in the morning.  Boy... Am I a gluten for punishment, or what?!
  
Unfortunately even with all this funny going on, there is sadness that shows its face.  Today we said good bye to the good people of Landview, Pennsylvania.  One Life to Live ended its 44 year journey.  


I have to admit... I loved how the writers brought the show to a head.  Their art imitating life with  their soap within a soap... Fraternity Row.  It's as if every story line, every family gracefully came to an end.  ...and.they lived happily ever after... except for Todd and Victor that is.


I don't understand why I am having such a hard time saying good bye.  The good citizens of Landview have been a part of my life for just 32 years... just as All My Children were a part of my life.  I just can't believe it.  


The upside of all of this is that I have learned that a few  OLTL characters will be headed to Port Chuck!  Woo Hoo!  They are headed over to General Hospital!!   And not only that... some All My Children news... Susan Lucci has a new show coming.


Well... my OLTL family... you will truly be missed!  See you in reruns.  
   
Don't be dismayed at goodbyes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.  ~Richard Bach

Blessings to all!!

146 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

Images are courtesy of Bing images.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

No comments: