Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 229 ~ A Li'l Elbow Grease Goes a Long Way

Last night I watched an intense movie, which sent my mind traveling... Today, children's movies.  Nothing like a good dose of Sleeping Beauty and Jungle Book for the soul.

Yesterday's movie sent me into fantasy land.  Wondering and thinking what could have been if some of the decisions in my life were made differently.  You know... all the would have, could have and should haves.  If I would have decided this... I could have done that... and it should been like this.

We can all second guess ourselves for the rest of our lives... what do we accomplish?  All we accomplish is the uncertainties of our decisions.

I decided a long, long time ago that I stand by my decisions.  Let me put it to you this way.  When I want something... I get it!  There is no question about it.  When I set my sights on something, I do not stop until I accomplish it.

So... do I regret any decisions I have made? NO.  No, I do not.  I stand by all my decisions, good and bad.  Once my decisions are made, there's no looking back... only forward.

Now, what did I get from watching Sleeping Beauty and The Jungle Book?  Boy, if only we were assigned to watch children's movies as adults, before having children.  The messages in these movies are so simple and sweet.  

Be true to yourselves and follow your dreams. Not to mention that the evil witch always looses.  

Okay so in real life, dreams take a little longer to come true.  However, I would like to think that with a little elbow grease anything is possible... even beating the evil witch!
Yesterday is but a vision, and tomorrow is only a dream. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a dream of hope.  ~Unknown 
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.  ~Walt Disney
 Blessings to all!!

136 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshine(s).

Images are courtesy of Bing images and Walt Disney and his studios.



1 comment:

Quirky Homemaker said...

I love your positive can-do attitude! Good for you. I'm sure all of your dreams will come true!