Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 217 ~ Moving Forward, Never Straight

There are two things I hate about being sick or laid back (whichever you prefer.)  
  1. I feel forced to take it easy when there are tons to do, and
  2. As if I was painted into a corner, I am forced to think about life's happenings, or rather being left with my thoughts [because there is only so much tv one can watch, and I had to stay off my computer most of the day (should have been all day).]
Needless to say, I am getting out of the house tomorrow!  (lol!)  I am taking the bloggeritis by its horns!

Seriously, I do not want to go down that road anymore.  I am so done with it.  I have to keep telling myself that I can not change the past... It is done and over... I can not control what others do or think... I need to accept what has happened and I need to look forward.  

Funny memory, I would always tell my sons that we always move forward in a car, not straight.  Answer at the end of this post.  

I also am aware, and keep reminding myself that I have learned from the past... I have become stronger from the past... I am who I am because of the past... I have accepted all that has happened and I am working for tomorrow.

As for each present moment I am a part of, I will continue to be the best person I can be... I will continue to take care of myself for a better lifestyle... I will do right by myself, giving myself new positive experiences to look back on.

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.  Wayne Dyer
Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.  ~ William James
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.   ~ Norman Vincent Peale

Did you get it?  answer:  Most roads are not straight, they curve.  Hence, we move forward.


Blessings to all!!

148 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

Images are courtesy of Walt Disney, Walt Disney Studios and Bing images.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Carla! I came here from voiceBoks! I, too, see the forward movement, not going straight! The forward motion of the car really helps me see this analogy to life. Hope your Bloggeritis subsides soon:)

Cheryl said...

Moving forward is a good place to be. I recently heard someone talking about writing your own eulogy (sounds morbid I know but) how do you want to be remembered and then choosing to live each day so you will be remembered that way. Anyway your post reminded me of that again today. Thanks!

insomnia said...

I call this part of my life 'climbing up from the end of my rope'. Moving forward, never straight I guess is similar. Great post!
Jill from VB

Kristie said...

Since you're making reference to Disney .. "just keep swimming" from Nemo is one of my all-time favorite quotes. I think you should tuck that in the back of your mind somewhere and remember it when the going gets tough!

Stopping by from VB today - Hope that you have a fabulous weekend!

Life by Cynthia said...

Thank you for this post Carla. You've reminded me of where I've been, what I have gone through, where I am now, and where I will be one day...I'm grateful, proud of myself, and very hopeful for the future. All this from your post! I love how Kristie W refered to Nemo "just keep swimming".

Detodounlolo said...

Love the analogy!!
See you around, your friend from VoiceBoks

Lolo