Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 215 ~ Holding My Head Up High!


Just as quickly as my bloggeritis* flared up, it subsided.  Although I must add that I have taken a little break away from the new website until I am sure my neck is okay.


*Bloggeritis- symptoms: neck becomes stiff, in complete lock-down; unable to move head in any position, right, left, up or down; head seems to become very heavy, as if one is trying to balance a fifteen pound bowling ball on a needle; can be so severe where it becomes difficult to open mouth or simply even swallow saliva.  treatment: DON'T MOVE! (wink, wink) No really, you can't move; relax. Yeah right! How can anyone relax when your head all of a sudden becomes difficult to balance on your neck!; Thanks to the McGyver in my husband (everyone needs a McGyver in their life! and If you do not know who is McGyver... watch old episodes on tv.com Channel? No really.. you're making me feel ancient!!)... take big, HUGE, beach towel and roll it up.  Take rolled towel and place around neck... wear as an accessory for next twelve hours, possibly sleeping with it, 

Wow!  I tell you... I have not felt anything as painful since I had my children!  I mentioned in my last post, that there was a moment that I attempted to simply swallow my saliva and was not able to.  I got scared for a spit (attempt at humor) second, but came out of it alright.  

I remember getting up to talk to Dean and literally got stuck.  I went to take a step and then I froze.  I could not even take a step... I have never gotten a stiff neck like that.  Definitely bloggeritis!

As I woke this morning, I carefully opened my eyes and got out of bed carefully.  I carefully got out of bed and took my steps ever so tenderly towards the bathroom.  As I took each step I tried moving my neck more and more... and... I was able to move my neck!  Hurray!!  

After sleeping all night with a huge beach towel rolled up and wrapped around my neck... my neck felt decent.  A little stiff, but decent.

Did the beach towel do the trick?  Who knows?  Regardless... what I do know is, today I was able to hold my head up high and take my little girl to her first gymnastic's lesson... She had an absolute blast!  Can't remember the last time she was so excited and happy.


 Children make you want to start life over.  ~Muhammad Ali  

Children seldom misquote.  In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.  ~Author Unknown 

Blessings to all!!

150 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

Images are property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making it My Own and a re protected by copyright laws.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

4 comments:

SillyCreatures said...

I am glad your neck is better. Your daughter looks like she is having a blast!

Pepper said...

Oh, I hate stiff necks too! the last time I had that, I was so miserable. I hope you're feeling better now.

congrats for being a featured vB member :)

Quirky Homemaker said...

Glad to hear it didn't hurt as bad the following morning! My daughter loves gymnastics. She was very excited her first day. I'm sure your daughter will continue to love it!

Unknown said...

Love you definition. Glad you are better though, I know what it is like to have a stiff neck also it is no walk in the park with your dog it is more like your dog walking you and all you want to do is not make any sudden movements.