Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 216 ~ The High and Low of My Day

So I just learned the hard way that I just can't do anything just a "little!!"  I tried taking it easy today because my neck was not 100%... however... I just could not leave well enough alone!  Aiy Ya YAI!!  

You got it... I just could not let the dishes pile up, It's not like I could hide them in the dishwasher (I am the "dishwasher" and Dean jumps in to pinch hit more times than not); the daily dirt and dust on our floors (we do not have any carpeting and have to sweep daily); and needless to say dinner had to be made.

Now I sit here with the same ginormous beach towel rolled up and wrapped around my neck... and YES!! the Bloggeritis is back!  ... and...  before I am forced to have more down time... I must leave the computer alone and CHILL!!  [My low.]

So... to truly make this post short and sweet [and to end tonight's post on a great note) ... I want to share one last little piece of my life with you ... the highlight of my day... drum roll please... I once again have been selected by voiceBoksas one of ten featured members of the week [this is the second time since I became a member at the end of November, 2011].  Quick plug for voiceBoks...(wink, wink)  I absolutely love this online blogging community of moms, who support one another on or with their blogs.  I have met some really wonderful, creative women (writers,  authors and creative geniuses.)  This site has really added a great quality to my life! Thanks dolls!  Blessings to you all!

Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something.  ~Author Unknown
The difference between a helping hand and an outstretched palm is a twist of the wrist.  ~Laurence Leamer, King of the Night 

Blessings to all!!

149 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

Images are property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making it My Own and a re protected by copyright laws.  I'm sure that voiceBoks also has some sort of rights here too.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

10 comments:

Dominique Goh said...

HOpe you neck gets better soon. I'm sure that tomorrow will be a better day.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely personal blog you have here. I'm so glad to have found you via Voiceboks and stopping in on my blog too. I sometimes get bloggeritis too. We all need to be careful and step away from the computer sometimes. Looking forward to getting to know you better in this virtual world.

Anonymous said...

I understand the Bloggeritis more than you know and really understand the sore neck more than that! Sending love and healing and great that your husband does dishes! How did you get so lucky?

championm2000 said...

Congrats on being a featured member!

Thank you for clearly outlining the symptoms of bloggeritis. I knew I had something--I just didn't know what it was :)

Erin said...

Carla,
I think I have Bloggeritis too! I hope you feel better! Congrats on being a Featured Member of vB!
~Erin

Unknown said...

Just like Melissa I didn't know there was a name to it!! That's what I have had all these months!! Lol!! I hope you are feeling better! It's funny how the call of the blog is so powerful isn't it? So great to see you as a featured member of vB!!! I love the community there too!! xo

SillyCreatures said...

I love voiceboks too. Congratulations on your blog feature, it is a really nice one. I hope your neck gets better soon, bloggeritis is a good term for that, maybe you should submit it to wikipedia :)

Life by Cynthia said...

Congrats on being featured! vB is my favorite! So much love & support! Hope your neck is feeling a little better! Hugs!

Gina Jacobs Thomas said...

Woman, get yourself a massage! At the very least, a warm heating pad. I hope your neck is back to normal soon.

Congrats on being a vB Featured Member!
Gina
www.totallyfullofit.com

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so sorry you are not at 100%! That always puts a damper on a day.

But I agree with you, I absolutely LOVE VB. it is a community above the bar; and I've made so many amazing friends there and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more too!

Congrats on being a VB featured member again!!

JadeLouise Designs