Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 207 ~ Heaven Gets A New Angel

At times life has a funny way of reminding you know that you aren't in charge.  You can plan all you want,  but if life wants to step in... it will.

Unbeknownst to my husband and I, life was happening while we were sleeping in the wee hours of  Saturday, the 31st of December.  When we had gone to bed the night before, it had been no different than any other night... my next day had already been planned as any other day.  New Year's eve was going to be perfect.  But as I said before... life has a funny way of stepping in when it needs to.  You see our family had been trying to get a hold of us for hours... yet both of our phones were off.  

Our sleep came to an abrupt end when our dogs woke us with their barking.  At first I thought there was a cat in our yard or something, but when Shelby, my little yorkie, started with her high pitch whaling... I knew something was up.

Dean returned confused.  A neighbor friend came by saying mom and dad called him.  They had been trying to get a hold of us for hours.  No sooner he said that, we were both checking our phones.  When I saw that not only mom had called, but our cousin did as well... I knew Grandma passed away.

We had less than a half hour, more or less a ten minute drive and we had to get dressed, brush our teeth, at least wash our faces and get out the door before the funeral home was to pick Grandma Betty up.

When Nana passed, Dean and I decided that Calley was old enough to not be shielded from death.  Now that I give it some thought, if both Nana and Grandma had not passed away in such a loving environment, in their homes, and instead a sterile hospital, we would have decided differently.  We decided not to push Calley and to allow her to say good bye however she wanted to.

Calley, kissed both her Great Grandmothers good bye ever so lovingly ... knowing that both were now home with Jesus and their beloved husbands and families.

Then it was my turn.  As I said my good byes to Grandma, all my memories of her rushed before my eyes.  I saw her life play before me.  

What a beautiful life.


Beatrice Richards Karam
August 31st, 1917  ~  December 31st, 2011

For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways    ~ Psalm 91:11 

Blessings to all!!


158 days to go...

PS... Sons, I love and miss you.  To the moon and stars above and back.  You are my sunshines.

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied.  All accounts herein are written by Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life.  Some names may be changed to protect the innocent or protect me from the guilty.  (just kidding...wink, wink)

Picture credits... images are property of Carla Barila Karam and Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  Copyright laws apply.

1 comment:

laruzzia said...

Carla,
I am soo sorry for your loss as well as for Dean and his family. I had no idea......Truly I am soo very sorry.
claudia