Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 302 ~ "E" is for Edit(ing) & e-mail

Today's "E" word is very appropriate being that I spent most of my day and all of my evening Edit(ing).  

I was just about to start sharing with you that all I have been doing all day is working on my blog.  I have been taking my time building my website, transferring my younger (smaller) blog ...  I finally went WordPress. ( on one blog anyway.)  Boy oh boy! 

However, as I started thinking about it, Edit(ing) is not just for programming, graphic design or even word processors anymore.  I remember once, when I lived in Los Angeles.. of course (can you hear the snooty-ness? lol,) someone that I had been talking to in line at Starbuck's used the word for "cleaning"... as in ... I was just off to edit my desk...  Edit my desk? I thought, hmmm.  Interesting.  (now keep in mind that I was in Venice Beach at the time. I sat there and thought for a moment... I got it!  I said out loud, and found that the entire Starbuck's had turned around to look at me.  What do I do?  Laugh.  What else could I have done?  There was no way out of this one, not this time. 


It's amazing to me how technology has come about in the last thirty years, and to have witnessed it all... way cool!  I remember my father's computer store we had in the mid 80s... let me tell you, computers have come a long way since then.  First time I laid eyes on and used Windows, it was version 3.1 (1992), before then we used DOS based programs that were basic menus.  Today I barely remember a few basic DOS commands... (with me, it's use it or loose it, when it comes to retaining information.)  Then slowly, the internet started coming about. 

Then technology made it possible for us to be able to send e-mail (ooooo, I almost let this one get by.. lol  ooo ooo "E" word) more or less instantly... there is something to be said about a more personal touch.  With that said, I could not live without either one of them!  (btw e personal touch, is now found in my work

**something you may not know about me- I have a knack with graphic design/photo editing software like Photoshop, paint.net and can create a ton with MS Office Publisher! (actually, I'm a wiz at Microsoft products.)

Appropriately so, the letter "E" was brought to you by the words e-mail and Edit(ing) ... Which without, where would Blogging be?

Bill Gates is a very rich man today... and do you want to know why? The answer is one word: versions.  ~Dave Barry


I'm a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they're interested in.  ~Bill Gates



Blessings to all!!

63 days to go...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©

8 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

You are a gem, Carla! Blessings to you. I'm off to edit my house. ;o) ~ Barbara
Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I set up my author website on Word Press and just love it for that, while all my blogging interaction happens here on Blogger. Do you plan on closing this one down then after you finish the Challenge?

Ashleigh said...

Edit my desk? That sounds to fancy! I will be using that from now on! ...of course that would require that I EVER actually "edited" my desk to begin with! ;)

Anonymous said...

I gave up on editing and hired an awesome editor. He took my diamond in the rough and turned it into a polished gem!

Thanks for stopping by today and saying hello!

Kristina said...

I like e-mail... even though it will never replace a conversation with a friend in person, it always feels so good to be able to sit down with a cup of tea and send a letter off to a friend who lives far away:)
Thanks for sharing all your thoughts,
Kristina

Czjai said...

Happy 'E'aster Carla! :)

Charles Chua said...

Share some E words with you:

Efficient
Elegant
Empowered
Encouraged
Energetic
Energized
Enthusiastic
Excited

Have a happy day.

Stacey Donaldson said...

I am still trying to get myself to migrate to wordpress, I hope to take the leap soon.

This is an awesome post! E is for EVERYTHING!! I certainly have some Editing to do, I must admit. I hope the inspiration from this post will last long enough for me to get started! LOL