Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 310 ~ "L" is for Love Language

"L" is for Love Language.  Love Language?  YES, Love Language.  Boy, seems like I'm repeating myself lately.  Do you love?  Do you love being loved?  Then you have a Love Language. 


Some people need to be reassured they are loved.  To hear their spouse or partner tell them "your beautiful" or "I love you so much"... Hearing affection or acclimations helps them feel loved.  Their Love Language, Words of Affirmation.  




Maybe you love spending time with your significant other, this really makes your heart smile... especially when they take the afternoon off  :)  Well your love language is Quality Time.


Get what I'm saying?  Wait a minute... I am not claiming to be an expert on Love Languages at all!  As a matter of fact, my wonderful parents (in-laws) have been wanting my husband and I to read this book FOREVER!!  Let me elaborate a little more... The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate ...by Gary Chapman.  


SOOOooo... I finally started reading this book today... slightly embarrassed, especially since Dean's dad gave me his copy to read back in December.  


Like I have spare time to read.. I am making an effort to read at least fifteen minutes a day.... WAIT! (sound of screeching tires)  I'm on my lap top at least five hours a day and what am I doing?  Hello?  I'm reading.  Doesn't this count?    
No but seriously... I should be reading more books.  WAIT! (sound of screeching tires)  Aren't blogs like mini books?  At best they are books in progress, at least that's how I see it.   ;)  Especially since I want to be an author one day. 


Hmmmm.... I think I will write about it.

Love begins, or should begin at home.   ~1st  line in acknowledgments
Some husbands and wives think they are spending time together when, in reality, they are only living in close proximity.    ~ch5, pg59
Love is something you do for someone else, not something you do for yourself.    ~ch10, pg 140 
Quotes from The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate  ~Gary Chapman

Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... What will "M" have for us tomorrow?

Blessings to all!!

55 days to go...  (This is becoming bitter-sweet)

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©

1 comment:

Kims4Him said...

Best book!
"Love your blog"!
BLessings to you and yours~