Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 325 ~ "Y"...

"Y"es.  Yes, "Yes" is my chosen word.  (Big Smile.)

Few minutes into, 'what word am I to use for "Y"?'... and believe me I don't know why I even thought of this, but... if I wrote about no for my letter "N", then why not write about (and the choir sings loud) "Yes"?

I would be lying to you, if I told you that I did not get excited when I hear the word Yes (at least when it is in my favor. wink, wink.)  Seriously... be honest now... I know you get a little silly when you hear it too.  ;)

I think the "feeling" you feel today is probably not so different than the one you felt when you were a child, and were told you could have that extra scoop of ice cream or that special toy.

We may feel that we do not hear Yes as often as we'd like... in all actuality, if we listen real closely... we do hear it more than we think.  wink, wink.

One thing is for sure, when I answer my little Calley "Yes", believe it or not, I become the "best mommy" in the whole wide world.  Yes, that's me!  :)   bet you didn't know that the bestest mommy in the whole wide world was a blogger... well now you do!  

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.  
~2 Corinthians 1:20
A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.

~Mahatma Gandhi

Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn't have the power to say yes.

~Eleanor Roosevelt
Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... Guess what... "Z" on Monday!!

Blessings...

40 days to go...  {I can't believe it!}

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  © 2012

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

It is true, we all want to be told yes. I think the only times we like no is when we hear from the doctor 'no you don't have...' But when it comes to doing something I want to do I do look forward to hearing yes!

Unknown said...

I love the way you write there is so much personality in the posts.. I really enjoy them.

Shauna
Bipolar2happiness.com

Unknown said...

I love the quotes. Too bad mommies can't say 'yes' all the time, uh :)

Jessa O said...

Love your blog and looking forward to more blogs. I found your blog from a-z challenge.

here is my blog: http://throughtherainbowsandstorms.blogspot.com

Amber said...

I love yes as well! Congrats on (almost) making it through the alphabet!

Courtney Pies said...

There's nothing I hate more than being told no! So I love this post. Lol. :)

Unknown said...

Saying yes does just make you happier I think! And, it puts a smile on your face, and makes you show your teeth;)