Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 306 ~ "H" is for Happy

Moving right along... not skipping a step... I have to start off by saying that I am really enjoying this A to Z Challenge.  

I think, and I believe I may have already said this before, more or less the challenge here is to blog every day.  Not to brag, but I'm already doing that.  On top of that there's a basic theme... choosing a subject each day corresponding to the letter of the alphabet for that day.  

Okay so maybe that's where the challenge is for me, that and not to read other's blogs until I have written mine.  I admit it... and it has been determined, that in it self has been challenging.  Only because of my normal routine... 

I like to start my day on a positive note, so I read and blog hop in the morning... then, as a matter of cleansing (although I have never looked at it this way) the negative parts of the day, I finish off my day by blogging [my experiences of the day] at night.  Ending my day on a positive note.

So there poses my challenge.  Maybe I need to get a day ahead?  Hmmmm... almost sounds like another challenge!

My "H" word seems to have crept in under radar.  You see, I somehow kept thinking of one of my favorite quotes, which my father-in-law uses as his "mantra" (he even makes it a point to drill it into my husband and his brother's heads.) ...  which by the way, I'm forever indebted to him for.
happy wife is a  happy life!  ~ Gavin Rossdale
Happy.  (my "H" word.)

I think we can possibly agree that happiness is like art, subjective.  Because what makes me happy (eating a bowl of spicy tuna for lunch) can just very well gross you out!  lol!  Who could not love spicy tuna for lunch?!  Get my drift?

Am I happy?  

Let me see... I am married to my best friend, who by the way may miss the hamper once in a while, but comes home to me and Calley everyday!  I have two sons (24, 21,) who are coming out into their own... and a beautiful little girl, Calley (5)-  who on a daily basis reminds me what love and  happiness is all about.  That's all that matters.  Everything else is replaceable. 

Yes, I am happy.  I could probably tweek a couple of things (working on it) here and there... but other than that... I would not change a thing!

Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Happy New Year, Happy Valentine's Day, Happy St. Patrick's Day, Happy Easter, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Memorial Day, Happy Father's Day, Happy 4th of July, Happy Labor Day, Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Christmas (England), Happy Hannukkah, Happy Friday, Happy Monday (okay, I'm pushing it now- lol), Happy Place ... and the best one yet... Happy Hour!  


Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... What will "I" have for us tomorrow?


Blessings to all!!


59 days to go...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©.

5 comments:

Big Apple Mami said...

fun post! I agree it's the little things or the constant things that make us most happy!! Here's to a great day!

Heather said...

What a nice and upbeat and thoughtful post! Thanks for sharing! I think you hit the nail on the head!

Anonymous said...

Love this post HAPPY what a wonderful word!! Thanks for sharing.

Czjai said...

Oh my, could it be that you're also a Bush fan? Because I am!

Hugs and happiness for you, Carla!

Cynthia said...

Love it! So I have to say my biggest pet peeve of my husband is dropping all his dirty clothes right in front of the hamper too! It drives me nuts!!! But then I think about how amazing he is as a father, as a support for me and my work, for his patience and love, and I realize dropping in clothes right in front of the hamper really is a small flaw. I'm really glad you chose Happy. I think people look for a word no one else will use, but reality is the simple words explain it better than most.