Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 298 ~ "A" is for Appreciation

Continued from Days 6263295296 & 297...

I have a feeling that right about NOW (if you have been reading my last three posts, continued from two other posts,) after reading the title of tonight's post, you may be thinking that I may be a little bit confused myself with what I'm supposed to be writing about.

Actually, I am multi-tasking right before your eyes.  wink, wink.  Stay with me a moment and it will become clear to us all.

Two days ago, I came across a fun challenge- Blogging From A to Z Challenge April 2012.  

Using this premise, you would start beginning April First with a topic themed on something with the letter A, then on April second another topic with the letter B as the theme, and so on until you finish on April thirtieth with the theme based on the letter Z.  It doesn't even have to be a word--it can be a proper noun, the letter used as a symbol, or the letter itself.  The theme of the day is the letter scheduled for that day.  ~Rules from Blogging A to Z Challenge website.

From what I am reading out in the blogging world, this seems to be a challenge for most... HOWEVER, I am already blogging everyday.(not everyone is as crazy as I am!)  If anything this gives me a little challenge to come up with subjects corresponding the assigned letter of the day.  So I said... BRING IT!

"A" is for  Appreciation.  Finishing my last three posts has given me a new sense of appreciation for life.  It is no wonder that it took me 232 days to finish what I had started last August.  

Now that was a challenge!  Writing about a very dark time in my life with the goal to one day help someone that may be feeling alone... (oooo another "A" word)... someone who needs to have a Dream Team herself.

It wasn't easy for me to rehash painful memories.  It wasn't easy writing them down, either.  It wasn't easy striking the keys on my keyboard, visualizing moments in my past that had been laid to rest... visualizing them just as fast as each word was appearing on my screen.

BUT, when I finally entered that last period... I appreciated life like I never had before.  With all it's ups and downs, trials and tribulations, and even with some of its hiccups... I feel full Appreciation for life and what it has given me.      

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John F. Kennedy


Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... What will "B" have for us tomorrow?



Blessings to all!!

67 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©

10 comments:

Lindy Pope said...

My "A" word today would be Adrenaline...it's been a crazy, hectic Monday and I've need all I can get - LOL! Great post Carla! Good luck on the challenge.

Lindy Pope said...

My "A" word for today would be Adrenaline. It's been a crazy, hectic Monday and I've needed all I can get - LOL! Great post Carla. Good luck on the challenge.

Unknown said...

Appreciation goes such a long way to shape our attitude and change our day. Today I am thankful for bloggy friends like you who lift my spirits when I'm feeling down, who give me something to look forward to and brighten my corner of the world with your words! I appreciate you!

Perspective Parenting said...

A is for Awesome post. So glad to hear you speak of the good in your life. Appreciating what we have is truly the gift that keeps giving. Great start to your challenge!

Czjai said...

No wonder the alphabet starts with the letter A. So many wonderful, feel-good words begin with this letter after all. (More a's for you, Carla!) :D

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

YAY - glad you are doing the challenge with me! Should be fun... you are doing great already :)
Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

Unknown said...

You guys... you brought tears to my eyes!! You are all part of my family.. check out B is for blogging and you'll see what I mean! Blessings to you and yours from the bottom of my heart!!

Raine said...

I am glad you wrote about the whole ordeal. Not only can it help you, but it can help others in similar situations. You are very brave!

Unknown said...

Loved this Carla! Appreciation is very easy to talk about, but to really feel it something else.

Unknown said...

I would choose Appreciation too. Mostly because this is Easter week and I am continuously reminded how much I have to be grateful for. Appreciation for the Lord of all who carries me through the dark times and lifts me up.