Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 321 ~ "U"nderstanding

"U" is for Understanding.  
First thing... let's see what Miriam-Webster has to say about my chosen "U" word.
noun 1 :a small grasp  :comprehension
2 a  :the power of comprehending; especially  :the capacity to apprehend general relations of particular
b  :friendly or harmonious relationship
adjective 1 archaeic :knowing, intelligent
2 :endowed with understanding :tolerant, sympathetic <an understanding supervisor>
transitive verb a : to grasp the meaning of <understanding Russian>
b :to grasp the reasonableness of <his behavior is hard to understand>




I know, a little overkill.  As I've said before... bare with me.  lol.

When I hear this word, I also hear serenity, calmness and in some instances faith.

There is some sense of serenity when it comes to understanding.  Think about it, once you truly understand something which you have battled to comprehend don't you start to calm down?  Not to imply that you completely just lost it and threw a temper tantrum... but you do get a little agitated by comparison.  
Therefore coming to an understanding with yourself, understanding a task or a concept that was once difficult to do so, brings on serenity itself.

Furthermore, when an obstacle presents itself in your life, one that has you scratching your head... and when you finally come to the understanding that you must let go, let God... that faith there is what helped me to come to that initial understanding. 

I realize now there were times in my life that a little understanding would have gone a long way, and what a difference that would have made in my life too!  

Yet, another example of further understanding of the "understanding" process as yet another sign of aging! LOL! 

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.

~Albert Einstein

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.

~Mahatma Gandhi

To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.

~Tony Robbins

Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... What will "V" bring us tomorrow?



44 days to go...  

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  © 2012

6 comments:

Sylvia Ney said...

Good post. New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Big Apple Mami said...

understanding definitely brings peace! I wish I could remind myself to try to understand things a little better to not get so frustrated :)

Heather said...

Inspiring! I must admit that I am much better with words of the 4-letter variety than the "U" word, but each day is another chance to work at being a better person. Basically, I UNDERSTAND what you are saying--see, I am learning already ;) Thanks for that!

Unknown said...

I use this same principle when teaching my children. If I explain something to them at their level they understand the entire concept, not just "NO". Often they do not do the same thing again right away. They also remind each other why they should or should not do something.

Unknown said...

Understanding...something I like to think I'm good at, but UNDERSTAND that I need to work on... :)

Understand?

Blessings friend! Always love visiting your blog.

~Rosann

Czjai said...

I sense a happier Carla now that the alphabet has almost come to an end. :)