Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 308 ~ "J" is for Justice

"J" is for Justice.  Yes, Justice.  I also thought that joke or joking would be a good light subject (a funny one at that) to write about too.  

Funny thing I must share with you... somehow Legally Blonde found its way on my tv (because I always have to have some background noise on- all my life too, even while doing homework) ... love this movie!  Watching Elle get her justice and the the news of Charles Manson's parole being denied... well let's just say that it made up my mind.

Justice by definition, according to Miriam Webster's dictionary anyway, 1. the maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments.. 2. the quality of being just, impartial, or fair and 3.  conformity to truth, fact, or reason.

Doesn't that just make you all warm and fuzzy inside?  (sarcasm, if I ever heard it!)  Doesn't that just sound so perfect?  So sad to know first hand... it isn't always the case.  Whether it's our judicial system's fault or of its players, either way we do not always get to see justice happen.  

The key here is not to let the injustices in life consume or define us.  We need to have faith.(oooo this would have been a great "F" word!)  We need to give it to God and let him handle it for us.  We need to continue to lead a happy life, and give the rest to God.  

My prayer for justice is for the family of Trayvon Martin to get theirs; the continued "so called justice" for the families of Sharon Tate, the LaBiancas, Jay Sebring, Wojciech Frykowski, Abigail Folger and for the rest of the families that Charles Manson stole lives from... 

I know that there are so many more injustices in this world...  not to diminish their importance, but blog posts in general shouldn't be lengthy (you loose your'reader's interest).  

To honor those who have had an injustice done to them, or a loved one, My prayer for justice goes out to you too.     There are many of us that have seen our injustices happen... even so... we need to have faith in ourselves and above all in God.

Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.   
~ Helen Keller

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.  
 ~ Albert Einstein 


Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... What will "K" have for us tomorrow?

Blessings to all!!

57 days to go...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©

10 comments:

Francene Stanley said...

What a beautifully written blog. You've done an amazing job for one so young. Maybe you'll write a novel one day. Your reasoning and organization are excellent.

http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love all your posts! JUSTICE a wonderful word for the letter J.

Perspective Parenting said...

That was wonderful Carla! And Justice is a great J word as it does feel like their is so much injustice in the world. Although, in my world of Faith (agreed that is a great F word), justice always seems to find its way in.

CrazyNutsMom said...

Great post. Justice is important. Great that you picked it for your J word.

Karen Dawkins said...

great quotes.
Einstein always makes me think -- and laugh! I wish I could have met him in real life. I think I would have liked him! :)

Czjai said...

After seeing J for justice, I'm looking forward to V for vindication, which is one of my favorite words. Haha!

Have a great day, Carla! :)

Jennifer Whedon said...

Amazing Job, I really enjoy seeing what other bloggers are writing about during this months A to Z challenge. Great wording choice, and great movie! I love legally blonde!

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

We may not always get justice but in the end, when we're with God, and those who did bad in this world aren't - that's the BEST justice of all.

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

Looks like your challenge is going well :)
J for Justice is great and YES Faith would have been a good F word. I keep thinking of "good words" once my post was already written!
Leigh @oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

Unknown said...

Thank you all or your great comments. Leigh, your not doing bad yourself!! ;) Blessings to all!