Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 304 ~ "G" is for Grrreat!

Hahahaha!  Grrrreat is right!

Remember, (if you've been reading my A to Z Challenge, this question would apply to you as worded, otherwise this would be new information to you) ... I first stated that I was not going to read the blogs of my blogging brothers and sisters who are participating with me in the Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... only until I have posted my post first... then definitely I will read the posts.

Well... I went and did it!  I didn't mean to... but.. while participating in my daily blog hops I stumbled on three blogs in a row who were participating.

You're probably thinking, what's the big deal?

Thing is, I had sat down to write this post and I could not think of a single word that I would want to write about that started with "G" for the life of me!  I'm not being a drama queen either... really... I was thinking about it all day ... and nothing... zip... zilch... zero... nada! 

So I decided to visit my favorite li'l community ... voiceBoks...  such a great place to share your blog, meet other bloggers and read their work as well.  Well, enough with the free plug there... lol.. just kidding.  Anyway, I was making my daily rounds and then all of a sudden I stumbled on the first blog, their word was Grateful... OH CRAP!  I yelled.  While Calley hollered at me from the other room for swearing,  I realized what I had stumbled on.  How did I not think of that word?  I thought.  

I wonder if I would have kept thinking, would I have thought of that word?  Rats!  Now I can't use that word.  As ridiculous as that may sound, I couldn't even read her post yet.  I can't go back to check.. it's just that I do not want anyone's post influencing my writing.

Okay you're right, I thought.  I was being ridiculous.  SO I decided that I would come back later and to read the blog [I'll even come back and let you know the blog's link after I read it.]  I didn't think twice about continuing my daily rounds ... and then WHAM-O!! Another blog, this time their word was Gratitude.

Again with the voices in my head.  How did I not think of that word?  I thought.  I wonder if I would have kept staring at my screen... would I have thought of that word?  Rats!  Now I can't use that word.  That's a good one.  I'm grateful, I would have thought of either words.  Would I?  

I didn't want to be ridiculous, so without thought I just went on my merry way... back to my rounds.  AND AGAIN!! BAM!!  It was instantaneous.  Listen, I can't even tell you the word, because as soon as I saw the "G" I went back to the previous page.

I immediately came back to this page.. Oh  great!  I wish I hadn't taken a break!!  I wish I had not ... blah, blah, blah... and then all of a sudden... out of no where... I just let out all this air.. and out came a big roar... Grrrreat!

Then all of a sudden I thought... Grrrreat?  
YES! Grrrreat!

Grrrreat, is my "G" word.  (Big smile... why not?)  wink, wink

 When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...   ~author unkown


Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... What will "H" have for us on Monday?

Blessings to all!!

61 days to go...

... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  


Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©

5 comments:

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

I love the free plug, Carla! Especially since voiceboks is really an awesome community!! :)

I love your word because it reminds us that no matter how challenging life can be, we can always find something that's GGGGreat!

Anonymous said...

Great is a wonderful word and feeling :-) Love reading your blog posts!

CrazyNutsMom said...

I would have a hard time finding a G word too. I would feel too much pressure to come up with words. It's fun reading everyone's post though. Great is a wonderful word!

Jennifer Wolfe said...

There are so many great things in the world right now...thanks for spotlighting the word!

Anonymous said...

This reminds me so much of my 5-year-old daughter. When she is happy she jumps and yells: "Great!". When she is 'upset' (euphemism for really p-off) she slups her shoulders, throws up her arms and says...you got it: "great."
Great post:)