Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 300 ~ "C" is for Change!

Change... hmmmm and I'm not talking about what you may get back after paying for a purchase or President Obama either.  wink, wink.

After pondering most of my day away trying to come up with a good subject to blog about tonight, beginning with the letter  "C"... I was stuck on children and childhood, and no matter how I thought about it... well let's just say that it was taking me away from my happy place.

Then out of no where my darling daughter Calley (ooo another word starting with C) said she wanted to change what she was wearing, and the light bulb went off.  Sure I could have written about my daughter and the joy she brings to my life, but I do that anyway.  Big smile.

Change is a great, especially how I am looking at it.  Since starting to blog last June, I almost immediately noticed what was happening to me.  As each day went by with the publishing of a new post, I noticed something wonderful was happening.  I noticed I was walking a little lighter.  I noticed that rehashing and blogging about some of my issues was doing me good, although ultimately my goal is to help someone else besides myself. 

As time went on my self esteem and self confidence was affected, and growing with abundance within me.  I was learning things about myself that I had taken for granted.  I was being honest with myself about the good, the bad and the ugly.  I learned that the things that happened in my life, the things that had changed my core-being were not my fault, and it wasn't God's fault either.  I also learned that YES, I had taken responsibility for the bad choices I had made in my life (ooo another word starting with C), but I also had to forgive myself and take responsibility for the good choices I had made as well.

The last 300 days (YES DAY 300!- a true milestone if I ever saw one) have made a tremendous impact on my life, as well as my outlook on life.  Sure I may have a bad day here and there, but not as many as I used to.  The important part of this change is embracing all that has happened to me... the good, the bad and the ugly...  I embrace this change, because it has made me who I am today...

I, for one... will never be the same, thanks to Change!

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  Reinhold Niebuhr


Blogging A to Z Challenge April 2012... What will "D" have for us tomorrow?


Blessings to all!!

65 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Images are courtesy of google or Bing images.  Some images maybe labeled property of Carla Barila Karam and of this blog, Taking Back My Life ~ Making It My Own.  U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©

6 comments:

Raine said...

Change is so difficult for me. I am glad you can embrace it!

Anonymous said...

People always say of me 'He doesn't like change'...blogging was also a great lift for me, although there are times more recently when I'm feeling less inspired. Your post helped!

Cheers!

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

That was a lovely post, Carla! I think it's important for us to forgive ourselves and accept the mistakes we've done in the past, otherwise, they will imprison us.

I also love the serenity prayer and during times of desperation, I say it like a mantra.

Perspective Parenting said...

C for Change is awesome! My favorite Buddhist saying is that Change is Inevitable, but Suffering is Optional.

Becky McNeer said...

Hooray for Change Carla! I'm so glad you have such a positive outlook. It's wonderful and refreshing. Thank goodness for your uplifting blog. xo

ReviewsSheRote said...

Great Positive Post!!!
One thing that is ALWAY-- CHANGE!
Poping by with vB =)