Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 268 ~ Here We Come...

Walking down the street..we get the funniest looks... from everyone we meet... 
The all too familiar words from my childhood!  First impulse is to do the Monkee walk to the opening of the son g.  

Tonight, as promised, my personal tribute to Davey Jones (1945 ~ 2012

My childhood crush (along with Bobby Sherman!).  I absolutely  loved the Monkees as a young girl, Davey Jones in particular.  Even more when I watched him with Marcia on the Brady Bunch in 1971.  Because we all had to be like Marcia!  

Tonight is a short, sweet and simple post in memory of Davey.. my first puppy love.  wink, wink!  

I must add that once I was older and realized that Davey was only five years younger than my dad... well, let's just say that my relationship with Davey was never the same!  LoL!.

Not that I was not sad when Whitney Houston died.. loosing Davey is different.  It is like having a piece of my childhood died as well.  I had Tiger Beat Magazine posters of him all over my walls throughout all the 70s.  He was on my walls longer (and Bobby Sherman) than Donny Osmond, Tony DeFranco, Shawn Cassidy and Leif Garret.  

Rest in peace Davey.


As a tribute to Davey, I have put a little something on my home page in his honor.  I will leave it up until his funeral.



Blessings to all!!

97 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Some images courtesy of google images.  Others are marked accordingly, and are property of Carla Barila Karam and Taking Back Life ~ Making It My Own, this blog.   All U.S Copyright laws apply.  ©

3 comments:

Ang said...

Seems to me that older comedies are a lot funnier than most comedies nowadays! Certainly interesting!
Thanks for the post on my blog. Here is the response I wrote in case you don't get to see it:
SO AWESOME! I remember going into someone's home once and there were baskets of mismatched socks all over their living room. I naively thought to myself, "When I have children, I shall NEVER let THAT happen!" HAH! I looked up the Carol Burnett show, and although I couldn't find the missing sock episode, I found other shows--they are hilarious! Love'm!
Thanks for the post--always welcome! Have a great weekend!

insomnia said...

I wasn't a fan. Not my generation. I remember them though from tv and also I think they had a late 80's comeback, but I was into metal at the time. I totally understand how it's like losing part of your childhood.

Unknown said...

This is definitely music that one was born into, that's for sure.. especially the sitcom that came along with it. I tried watching The Monkees the other day and could not believe the ridiculousness that kept my attention! However, looking at Davey Jones was another issue! We all went crazy for him then! Those crazy 70s I tell you!!