Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 283 ~ Love That Green Once a Year!

Chicago River ~ St Patrick's Day
for Elisabeth, big smile.
Here we are St Patrick's Day 2012!  There was a time that the last place you would find me on such a day would be at here at home.  But now a days, I feel it's the safest place to be.  Who wants to be out on the road, when there's a good chance someone is going to be drinking and driving tonight.

I am that person you all know all too well... Irish one a year!  

I Have always worn green, since a child, and as an adult I make sure to either make corn beef or a Shepard's pie-  nummmy!  This year it was my turn to make dessert... well first off, I should not have left it for the day of to search for a recipe!!!  Bad planning!  Note to self, look up recipe at least a week in advance for better planning, shopping and cooking. 

I looked for a recipe online for a good hour.  Did you know that most Irish desserts have either Bailey Irish Cream Liquor, Irish Whiskey or Guinness Beer?  Well normally I would have any of these spirits on hand [wink, wink], but not today.  Soo, I went pantry shopping and after a little bit I came out victorious!  Gorilla Bread it is!!  This is my version of Monkey Bread, which is tasty too.  I just add a few extra secret ingredients to the recipe... and VIOLA!  Everyone's favorite... an all time winner every time!

I love bagpipes, don't you?   Ok... I'll give you this one... I agree, either you love them or you hate them.  

Here's, wishing you all had a safe and Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Cheers!  

May you live as long as you want, And never want as long as you live.  ~ Irish blessing
Walls for the wind, And a roof for the rain, And drinks beside the fire --  Laughter to cheer you And those you love near you, And all that your heart may desire!  ~  Irish blessing
May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.  ~ Irish blessing 
Blessings to all!!

82 days to go...
[I have been asked,.. "what is your daily countdown for?"... Check out my About My Blog page to find out about the daily countdown... for my story please either click on the About My Blog... tab above or you can click here.]

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Some images courtesy of google and bing images.  U.S Copyright laws may apply.  ©

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy St. Patty's Day to you as well! You should post your Gorilla Bread recipe...I'm curious.