Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 287 ~ My New Year's Eve...

I was preparing to sit down and write my post... which means that I start to think about my day... contemplate what I want to write about... what's important... what makes sense... THEN I checked to see what time it was and saw it was 11:30pm.  All of a sudden I felt this excitement, anticipation... It's as if it was New Year's Eve.

You know, if you think about it I am entering a new year... therefore it being the eve of my birthday, it would then be the eve of a new year... therefore... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME!!  LOL!  Any excuse to celebrate...  

which brings me to...

I was catching my hubby up with the week in review of my blog and told him we we're at the end of the seven day hot zone!  Huh? he questioned... and I explained to him that week before your birthday, you celebrate each weekday as it comes as the last Monday that I will ever be 48... the last Tuesday I will ever be 48... etc...  and you know what he said to me?  Sounds to me as if you are making excuses to party.  HAHAHA...   OH MY G!  

WOW!! IS it that obvious?  Let's just say that now that I stop and really think about it... I never have had a problem in finding a reason to celebrate.  So, I guess Dean is right.  Shhh.. don't tell him though.. just kidding...   Is there anything wrong in wanting to celebrate a special occasion?  I love throwing parties, coordinating functions, down to the finishing touches.  I also love setting the stage to a special celebration.  

You should have seen my first baby's first birthday party!!  We had beer and wine for all of Addison's aunts and uncles (who were all over 21).. a clown for the kids, balloons, party favors for all, with games and tricks included... (let's not forget that almost everyone in the 80s worked out and took step and aerobics' classes) we served salads, sandwiches, and some pretty fancy appetizers... (now tell me if he appreciates twenty-three years later that we spent close to $2,500 on his first birthday party?) ...  all in all, let's just say that I know how to throw a party!

I know that I have been a little of a stick in the mud lately... please understand that I have been experiencing all sorts of emotions, all sorts of thought provoking moments, leading up to this day.

I want you to understand...  I anticipated my twenties... I laughed at my thirties... and arose to my forties... HOWEVER...

... when Calley was born, everything changed.  My mortality became an issue.  

I was 43 when Calley was born, and ever since I have been concerned about being around for her as long as God allows me to (hopefully that is a long, long time)... I don't want to miss her first date... her prom... her first boyfriend... college... marriage... kids... life... I don't want to miss a minute of her life!

(Spoken in an east-coast accent) Okay... I'll give it to you... I've been quite the stick in the mud lately!  But with good reason... however, I do not want to be a stick in the mud anymore!

The last few days of my so called seven day hot zone, or as Dean referred to it as "my reason to party"...  I say it's my reason to celebrate!!  Funny, why do I pull towards using "celebrate" rather than "party" ?  LOL! ...  to be exact...

Three days ago I may have accepted my 49th birthday, which inevitably now leads to my BIG 5-0... HOWEVER forty minutes ago I embraced my NEW YEAR!   

... and the NEW count down to my BIG 5-0 BEGINS!! 



All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.  ~George Harrison 
Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.  ~Sammy Hagar 
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.  ~Oprah Winfrey
  
Blessings to all!!

78 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Some images courtesy of google and bing images.  U.S Copyright laws may apply.  ©

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Carla,

This post touched me right where I am. I am a mom of teens and toddlers in my 40s. I want to live as long as possible for all them because I dream of God impacting the generations through me. So this week I began a veggie, fruit, nut and lean protein only diet so I can make the most of every day God gives me. You have reaffirmed my decision with this post. Thank you!

Unknown said...

I think all of life needs to be a party! not the kind where you over eat and wear down your health, but a day that needs to be celebrated! Each day we are here and sharing our life with those that we love the most needs to be celebrated! Happy 49th birthday, and I wish you MANY MANY more to come!

Czjai said...

I can feel the optimism from this post. Wonderful, just wonderful!

Keep smiling, Carla! :)

Amber said...

What a post! Continue to celebrate your life!

Unknown said...

Each day really is so precious, huh! I think about that every day, and try to embrace it. Loved this post!