Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 271 ~ Getting Sucked In? or Cells Sucked Out?

Darn it!  I got sucked in!!  I managed to not watch the Bachelor for nine years ... and then this year I get sucked in!!

I don't know why I watch it? ... all the drama, back stabbing and  just plain ridiculousness!  no different than my own life used to be...  wink, wink Just kidding!   I am not proud of it, but I have tuned into the show since there were twenty-five girls.  Was that the beginning? lol!   

What's so silly about this is that every so often, I would watch Dean walk by, he'd slow his pace, next thing you know he would sit down... and WHAM-O!  He was sucked in too!!  lol!!  Don't tell him I told you either!  lol!  

Each week I would watch these young, beautiful, intelligent girls.. some kinder than others, with a little attitude here and there.  I'd sit there and shake my head, yell at them, and finally swear off watching them again... however, the following week you would find me getting sucked in all over again!

It's bad enough that I have to watch all the CSIs, Miami, New York and the OG (original girl, in this case show - wink, wink); I can't get enough of Mark Harmon on NCIS, and then they gave Chris and LL their own show, NCIS LA, well you know I won't miss an episode with that combination.  Two of my favorite actors, my hometown and old stompin' grounds, Los Angeles, and combine that with NCIS... and BAM! You have a great show!  wink, wink!;  I also have been watching Criminal Minds for years.

Wow!  Now that I see it all written down, it sure looks like I watch too much television!  And that's not half of it either!  There are shows on the Food Network, Discovery and History channels, as well as movies.

In all actuality, what I do is I record all of the programs when they first are aired.  I live my life... and watch my shows when I want to or am able to throughout the year.  When the show is in hiatus, showing reruns on the networks, I continue to watch the shows I recorded, earlier in the year.

For a moment there it really looked like I spent a lot of time in front of the tv [getting my brain cells sucked out] ... however, if I watched all those shows when they originally aired, I would not have any time for my family, life or my bogs.

Oh and as far as the Bachelor is concerned, I have this creepy feeling that Ben went for Courtney and (you got it!  I am not on the "like" Courtney bandwagon.)  a little transparent, wouldn't you think? ... well, not that I do not wish them well or anything... but I have a feeling that soon enough they will both find out that they are not what each other was looking for... or they will surprise us all and live happily ever after.  lol! snicker, snicker.  

I'm sorry, but their relationship looks like a train wreck that is about to happen!  

I'm just sayin'...

I really liked the following quote and wanted to share it with you... 
A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil; but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small, silly presents every so often - just to save it from drying out completely.  ~ Pam Brown 
Blessings to all!!

94 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Some images courtesy of google and bing images.  U.S Copyright laws may apply.  ©

No comments: