Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 289 ~ I Choose Happiness

My lesson today was how to rise above it all!  

Let me see... "my point" at the end of last night's post was, "how we choose to handle situations that come at us is what can make or break our day."  

So today I had a few choices... 
  1. cry at the sight of my new hair cut, 
  2. go to another hair salon and have my hair reshaped, +number (1), 
  3. spend all day trying to curl my hair, roll it and twist it until something made sense, +number (1), or 
  4. as my husband suggested, be patient, hang in there, wait a couple of weeks and revisit the situation, "your hair really looks cute, besides I never told you I liked short hair...", my husband continued,  +number (1) and (3)


There were times today that number (1) felt like the only thing I could do, although at one point today I jokingly contemplated covering ALL the mirrors in the house!  As funny as that sounds, I actually entertained the idea.  However, I finally decided to play around with my hair more and take the wait and see approach, which was (3) and (4), with a touch of (1) and being very grateful for hair growing fast!... 

A few times today, I caught myself missing my hair.  It was a little bitter sweet... but I guess I must admit no regrets in my deciding to take the high road, once again.

I'll share pictures down the road... right now, it's still a little too painful to share.  lol.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.   ~Ayn Rand  
Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.   ~Norman Vincent Peale  

Blessings to all!!

76 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Some images courtesy of google and bing images.  U.S Copyright laws may apply.  ©

1 comment:

Sagittarian said...

Hi Carla..:) This is so nice, learning and being optimistic in so many things.Thanks for sharing.. Very interesting to read..:) Miss you.:)