Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 290 ~ The Golden Rule

Why does it always happen this way?  Just as you think you are getting ahead... a pin drops... and  you plunge backwards!  Like taking two steps forward and one back.

Literally... that's what happened today.  

It wasn't a pin Calley decided to balance on her forearm (yes, forearm), more like a dog bowl.  A ceramic dog bowl.  Needless to say, it ended up in a million pieces.  And that's all it took...

That's all it took for all my hard work from the last couple of days to go to pot!  It was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back.  Then the proverbial "why me?" question came up a few times. 

It is said that if someone does something to you, to not give them the power to "get to you".  Do not allow them to "get to you".  Eleanor Roosevelt said it best, "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission."

It's not so much about feeling inferior, or is it?  Tell me... along those same lines... could some hurt you without your permission?  I think so. Yes.  Now let's look at this.  When someone hurts me, is it that I have allowed them to?  Have I given them permission to do so when I they have hurt me?

I have read that even though my feelings are normal, it's what I do with them and how I process them that reconnect me to my power.

Well I'll tell you one thing that's certain...  I allowed the one who hurt me, not only to hurt me, but I also allowed them to mess up my day... which took my happiness away from my family.  

I am not saying that I am not a sensitive person.  I may be a little more sensitive than the "normal" person may be.. whatever "normal" is... and Lord knows that I do not have "thick skin" by any means... Soo I do get affected by the actions, or rather non-actions of others and especially so if my sons are involved... you know, I am definitely not a robot without feelings or heart... so tell me... how do I let it roll off my back like water off of a duck's back?  How do I not allow others to hurt me?  Do I shut them out of my life? 

Hmmm... I really think these are all very good questions.  Answers to them, would be even better.     

I really try [very hard] to not let things affect me, however I am human, a mother at that... and with that said...  even though I may have calloused from life's trials and tribulations that have crossed my path... I still have a very sensitive side to me... I tend to hold things in... until the dog bowl breaks. 
Do to others as you would have them do to you.   ~ Luke 6:31 (NIV)
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.  ~ Matthew 7:12 (NIV) 

Blessings to all!!

75 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Some images courtesy of google and bing images.  U.S Copyright laws may apply.  ©

No comments: