Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 286 ~ New Furniture, New Motivation! Who Knew?

Nothing like getting new furniture to get you motivated to clean up a bit!


Funny... here I've been in a nasty slump that it even made it difficult for me to get my daily chores done... then at the news of getting a new dinning set, I end up cleaning my dining room, kitchen, living room, dusted, got a couple of loads of laundry done and washed the floors!!  It was as if someone let the energizer bunny loose!

Boy if I knew that's all it would take to get me going... I would have gone out and bought new furniture sooner!  Love this endorphin like feeling!

I tell you the human brain never ceases to amaze me.  Funny how the most unsuspected things in life can trigger motivation, as if it was a much needed drug.  If I ever get into a slump again (I will avoid it all costs!), I will be sure to have my doctor prescribe me new furniture!!

Notice my clean white floors!
Once the set was in it's new home... it was like placing the cherry on top of a sundae.  It was such a nice feeling having accomplished so much in one day.  

I started to slow down a bit, looking for something else to clean yet taking into consideration how long it would take to accomplish the task.  Then my attention was taken away by Calley's Minnie Mouse voice (and yes, she does sound like Minnie Mouse)... "Mommy could we please snuggle and watch a movie ?" ... That's all it took for me to finish for the day.  

Once in snuggling position, we set to watch Hook with Robin WIlliams.  I thought it would be a great movie for Calley to see, however we needed to wait 25 minutes for it to start.  Next thing I knew I had slept through the end of the one movie, and then most of Hook.  I guess I was due for a much needed nap, or better yet a re-boost... because then Calley and I whipped up a delicious dinner.  Steak, basmati rice and a lovely salad.  

I guess you could say that my last Tuesday as a 48 year old was a good one.  

You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.   ~Adlin Sinclair
Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity.  ~ Bo Bennett 

Blessings to all!!

79 days to go...

PS... for a, l & c.  You are my sunshine(s).  

Some images courtesy of google and bing images.  U.S Copyright laws may apply.  ©

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Man! Maybe that is what I need...some new furniture. Do you think that would help motivate me to stop eating treats too?

Unknown said...

Cynthia.. It just might be what you need.. worked for me.. and as for the treats.. I think so.. because I have been so busy preparing for the new arrival, I have not had time for my own treats! lol!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts! I will be getting some new furniture also, we just found some land and are in the process of purchasing, and then our dream house will be going up, so right now I feel great, but when the house starts going up I will then be taking back my life. You are trully inspiring.

Tara said...

Love the feeling of a clean and/or reorganized house! Congrats on the new furniture, beautiful! Oh, and happy birthday week to you! :)

The Budget Diet said...

Just don't become a shopaholic because then you might be feeling blue when all the debt piles up! I just had to leave this comment since I'm The Budget Diet girl (it's a diet for your wallet, not your waistline!)