Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 71 ~ There's Something to Say About Structure!

courtesy of Bing images
WOW~!!  I can't believe it... two revelations in one week!!??

I am almost positive that you have noticed, as well,  that something has been going on with me... I can tell, especially in my writing.  There's something missing.  ... and ... finally, after being back from our annual family vacation a mere two weeks ... (the light bulb turned on again) ... I know what's been going on... what's taken the "it" out of my heart, mind and soul and most of all, my writing...

First... I am missing structure.  Before leaving on our "family holiday" I was feeling great.  Anticipating seeing friends at my high school reunion... anticipating seeing the ocean, smelling the ocean air and feeling the breeze against my skin.  I was working out and doing great on my wii Fit Plus Challenge and I was eating healthy.

As I have mentioned... being healthy, eating healthy and feeling healthy is a lifestyle not a temporary fix.  

As soon as we "rolled" into LA... my weight loss challenge really became a CHALLENGE!!  It became almost uncomfortable telling your "host", or rather family, that I was watching what I was eating... or rather that I was on a healthy diet.  

IT WAS AS IF I OPENED A CAN OF WORMS!! by doing so.  Everyone had an opinion or their own diet stories... and no sooner as the words came out of my mouth... the food came "TEN FOLD"!   Not to mention, asking to set up my wii... this meant taking over someone's television and their living space as well.

To sum it all up, I had to replace my exercising on the wii with natural exercise...  (walking to the beach... walking on the sand... etc..)  and did they best I could with eating healthy items. 

SOLUTION:  I have decided to place structure back into my life with a NEW wii fit plus challenge, actually more of a change of lifestyle challenge and maintenance... MORE IMPORTANTLY I am doing this for ME... not for a reunion and not to impress... I am doing this so I will have a healthy and active life for a long time...  look for my new blog out next week...  

Second... I am missing vitamin D.  Actually, I am missing the ocean, ocean air and the ocean breeze... as well as outdoor activity!..  This has really sucked the life out of me since I have returned.  It is too hot outside to function.  
T
SOLUTION:  To turn all of this around to a positive note... we, as a family, have to decide what exactly we are going to do to work towards our goal of getting back to the west coast...  The saga continues, however only until a plan is determined.

Note to self...  Sit down and work our a plan, including steps needed to forge forward... and do it!!


courtesy of Bing images
Finally... not having order at home sets a domino effect on the rest of your life.  Can you believe it... I just finished unpacking!!  Can you say no motivation!??!!  

All I needed was a little bit of order to kick me in the "butt"!! and to open my eyes to what I am missing.  After all, don't they say?... "cleanliness is next to godliness"...

I can not allow myself to get into a slump!  Especially when there are things that I want from life!  Bottom line... I need to do something about it... otherwise... it will not happen on its own and I will be miserable!!


SOLUTION:  SOOO... Structure, Vitamin D, and order here I come!!!  
Never give up on dreams... catch them as they fly by.  author unknown.
Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.  Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.  ~ Carl Jung
"The first and the best victory is to conquer self." ~ Plato 



Blessings to all!!


294 days to go.



All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: