Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 78 ~ The Truth Always Prevails


Wm. Shakespearecourtesy of Bing images
Shakespeare wrote in The Merchant of Venice "The truth will come to light", which was based on proverbs dating from at least the eleventh century.  "Truth will out" appears in this form by 1439. **

As centuries go by, nine to be exact, the quote has transformed itself to, "The truth always comes out in the end."

Even all those centuries ago, where to most of us consider it simply history and others find it to be surreal or almost dream like to have lived such a long time ago... regardless, Shakespeare was very wise on was on to something. 

Personally, I find it very deep and right on the money.  Doesn't matter how much time goes by, eventually, the truth always comes out.  More so after the deceiver has left us for greener pastures (at least they hope they went to greener pastures anyways.)

cbk
So, if you think that you have gotten away with untruths, think again... it WILL eventually come out, and then what?!

Whether your scared, afraid or just a habitual liar, please know that you ARE hurting others with your stories... however in the end, the person you are truly hurting is yourself!  

I'm sure there are situations, that out of true safety for yourself or your family you may tell a "white" lie... this is different.  I am talking about ridiculous untruths that are meant to hurt others.   

courtesy of Bing images
I have always told my sons, and now I am teaching my daughter the same...  "a lie can hurt forever... telling the truth only for the moment"... as I continue to explain it now to Calley... "when you lie, people will eventually not believe anything you say... when you are honest, you are trusted and hardly questioned."  I also would tell my boys... "a man could have all the money in the world, but without his word, he is the poorest man.  And a man without money, however with integrity and honesty behind him, can be the richest in the world."

So, when you have asked me a question or my opinion and you did not like my answer, at least you know that I was being truthful.  And please don't ask me if your butt looks big!


the worst thing about being lied to is knowing you're not worth the truth   ~ author unknown
Never forget what people say to you when they're angry--that's when the truth comes out.  ~ author unknown
Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.   - Benjamin Disraeli


I'd rather be hated for who I am, rather than loved for who I am not.  - Kurt Cobain 



Blessings to all!!


287 days to go




**  http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/appendix-faux-truth-come-light-out

All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: