Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 149 ~ Rage... Be Gone!

One of the reasons I shared with you yesterday about my new found self... you know, the "ugly" side of me.. was that while channel surfing and landed on the Dr. Oz show ... and VOILA!  everything became clear!

These women on tv. were going through the same things I was... 

Irritable...   Edgy...   Agitated...  Emotional... Crying... Angry Outbursts...  
one minute, I wake up fine and then all of a sudden something is out of place... and Wham-O! 

Dare I say it? ...   According to Dr. Oz, our outbursts could be the result of perimenopausal rage. Basically, our hormones are out of wack and completely off balanced.  Yup... she said it!! The (P)M word!

What do we do... well we do have a few options...
  1. birth control pills 
  2. anti-depressants
  3. progesterone cream
  4. Cut out caffeine, alcohol and sugar
  5. Therapy
Once I was done watching the show, I did a quick search on the internet on perimenapause and found quite a bit of information on this subject.  Rest assure that I will be looking into this more.  [it's times like this that I love the internet even more!!]

Personally, I am going to go about this as natural as possible.  No birth control pills or anti-depressants for this girl.  Now, you know I am not a medical doctor and do not claim to be.  However, as your friend I want you to know that you are not the only one going through this and that you need to consult your doctor.  

Additionally, get therapy.  I love therapy.  It's nice being able to bounce your life off of someone else and get it off your chest. 

Last word on this tonight is that... it's so important for you to understand that you are not alone.  


The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.  ~Mark Twain




I am thankful for Dr. Oz and people like him, whom are helping others (like you and me) in our everyday lives. 




Blessings to all!!


216 days to go...




All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.


No comments: