Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 162 ~ Avoiding the Dark Side

ENOUGH!!  Do I have a huge BULLS-EYE on me or what!!  When is it going to stop?  

(courtesy of Bing Images)
This has truly been a dark day for me.  I have literally sat here with tears just rolling out of my eyes all day.  I have not been crying per say.  The tears are just making their way out on their own.  One rolling out after another.  

I tell you, I wish I could scream so loud for the entire world to hear!  AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

On Day 160 I shared with all of you that I had possession of my car, which lasted a total of ten days, of which once again on day one I discovered immediately that it had not been fixed.  Now, It has been sitting at the local Toyota dealership.

Through Toyota's inspection, I found out that the ECM was not replaced with a the new improved one (what we helped pay for,) instead an old one was in its place.  Our mechanic has never brought it in for programming since we have owned the vehicle, when he said he had.  The transmission, well, all they could tell was that it had been taken out of the vehicle.  No way of knowing if it had been replaced or not.

At the suggestion of the assistant service manager, I called Toyota Customer Care.  He said that I would have a better chance of getting them to take care of the KNOWN ISSUE and that  it should have been a RECALL, instead of the SERVICE BULLETIN they had issued.  

Unlike by CBK
Well... Toyota will not cover my car because it is 9,000 miles over the enhanced warranty and that the warranty had already been extended.  I expressed to the man that I had bought the car at 154,000 miles without hesitation knowing that Toyotas run nearly forever.  All he kept responding to me was, I AM SORRY TOYOTA HAS ALREADY EXTENDED THE WARRANTY over and over again.  

I WANTED TO REACH THROUGH THE PHONE AND STRANGLE HIM!!

SO my hands are tied.  No telling if they will honor the class action law suit for me or if the place we bought it from, Master Auto Sales in association with ALLTech Auto will honor their warranty.

The assistant service manager told me that he called my mechanic and let him know that my car needed the new ECM.  My mechanic (and I will use the term loosely!) responded to him that he would have one of his guys pick up the old part within the half hour and return with the new one. 

That was at 10:30 this morning and now it is almost 6:00 in the evening... CAN YOU GUESS?  YUP!! You were right!  HE DID NOT PICK UP THE PART.

Yesterday, one of my dear friends had the following in their facebook status...
Patience, Strength, Courage...
I have truly thought about this since I first read it, as well as every other quote I have posted and what I am trying to accomplish here in efforts to pick myself up off the ground.  I never said or thought it would be easy being positive.  It is taking every fiber of my being to not fall into the deep dark hole, especially when every single time I turn around something or someone is disappointing me.  

We are each on our own journey.  Each of us are on our very own adventure, encountering all kinds of challenges and the choices we make on that adventure will shape us as we go.. Those choices will stretch us and test us, and push us to our limit. And our adventure will make us stronger than we ever knew we could be.    ~  Penelope Garcia on Criminal Minds 11/16/11

Find a place inside where there is joy and the joy will bring out the pain.    ~  Joseph Campbell 
I am thankful for having a (sleep comfort) bed to lay in and pillow to place my head upon each night. 


Blessings to all!!


203 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: