Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 173 ~ Kissing Boo Boos

Calley and I
I was reminded today of the important role I hold as being a mother, or rather a "mommy" as I was often called today.

My sweet little girl had a rough night last night having been up most of it with a horrible "barking" like cough, accompanied by a bad sore throat... which only translates to my being up most of the night as well.  

There's nothing worse than witnessing your baby not feeling well, except not being able to do much about it other than to let the little "virus" run its course.  At least that is what her doctor told us after having spent nearly a couple of hours at his office.  Oh... and that Calley will get worse in the next three days before she will get better.  (big sad face)

The great part of all of this is that this is the first time this school year that Calley has gotten sick.  You see, last year, and the year before that, she had such severe allergies that she was once hospitalized... and she also develops asthma from her allergies.  Last year alone she missed 62 days of school!

This year Dean and I decided to keep Calley home... the result... she has not had any asthma flare ups thus far this school year!!  YAY!! 

I will leave this subject as is in hopes to not jinx the situation.

However, I will say that I did enjoy the slower pace today... too bad it was at the expense of Calley getting sick for me to enjoy her "slower" pace... she snuggled up to me all the while requiring many hugs and many kisses, especially on the "boo boos."  Funny how I can finally keep up with her when she is sick.

It is times like these that I really miss not having been there for my sons when they needed me most.

A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
~  Agatha Christie

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing.  ~ Toni Morrison 


I am thankful for the privilege of being a mommy.


Blessings to all!!


192 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: