Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 171 ~ Are You Ready for My Help?

courtesy of Bing images
Sitting here looking back on my day wondering how and what I am going to share with you in tonight's post... well, let me share of the amazing AHA moment I have just experienced... 

you know of that happy family life that I continuously strive to have with my mother, sister and even my brother... 

two things... 
first off, I realized and agree, that I have been not only a great daughter but a good sister too.  I have made myself available time after time again, willing to help, assist and or support.  More importantly I have made effort to communicate better, understand, and above all do my best not to judge... however, strangely enough, somehow I feel that I have failed.  I failed because I am NOT helping.  I feel as if I am witnessing separate train wrecks about to happen, and I can not get the conductor to realize it.  I feel helpless to help, if that makes any sense. 
I also realized that I can not force myself, or my help onto someone else.  They have to want to be helped.  All I wanted to do is be able to really help my sister, brother as well, of course including my mother.  Each one of them are going through a bad time, and I feel as if my hands are tied.
how this affects me is that they are my blood, my family, and I do not like to see them hurt - it hurts me too.  I love them.  I miss them.  I even really wanted to spend time with my sister.  I am hurt and disappointed, however I more or less understand.  If they really wanted my help, I would be helping them.  right?

The finale to my AHA moment...  well, you know of that family I so desperately seek... I ALREADY HAVE IT!!  

As I rewound today's events, and looked on to my day, I realized that my husband's family, my family... yes my family... they were there for me and regardless of what may come out of my mouth, love me unconditionally! 

The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.    ~ author unknown

At the risk of sounding redundant, I am thankful for being a part of such a wonderful family.


Blessings to all!!


194 days to go...


All contents herein are protected under Copyright laws and can not be used, altered or copied. All accounts herein are written by Cali-Gal/Carla B Karam and are true accounts of her life. Some names may be changed to protect the innocent.

No comments: